KS1 Teacher for Academy in South Yorkshire
Your new company
We are currently working with a highly regarded academy based in Sheffield. This is an academy where all staff are dedicated to providing a stimulating, exciting environment where everyone feels valued and safe, creativity and ideas can flourish and children can maximise their progress. Our client aims to enthuse their pupils and develop caring and respectful individuals by providing a purposeful and engaging curriculum, and by promoting excellent behaviour.
Your new role
As a key stage 1 teacher you will be responsible for:
- Providing outstanding care and teaching of all pupils, helping them to develop their full potential
- Fully supporting the values of the school - striving for excellence and broadening horizons - to ensure the personal, social, emotional and physical development of every child is taken care of.
What you'll need to succeed
- To act in a professional manner at all times
- To be an adaptable, pro-active, supportive, vigilant, positive, willing member of staff and to enjoy working with children
- Be an outstanding teacher
- Be confident and able in ICT
- Communication skills - be able to make points clearly and understand the views of others
- Self-management - be able to plan time effectively and to organise yourself well
- Be able to run an extra-curricular activity, if required
- Work with colleagues to develop a holistic education which blends tradition with innovation
- Work in close partnership with the Teaching Assistant, parallel Teachers and Head of Pre-Prep
- To adhere to the School's dress code
- This academy offers a caring and stimulating environment to all pupils. The high expectations of staff and parents regarding educational standards and social behaviour needs to be reflected
- Members of staff are expected to arrive punctually. The working day of the teaching staff begins before the children come into the classroom and ends after they have left.
- Teachers will abide by the terms and conditions for their employment as outlined in their contract with the School
What you'll get in return
You will be paid a competitive daily rate, working in a friendly and supportive school with a strong Senior Leadership Team. You will also have a dedicated Hays Consultant who you can contact from 07:00 - 22:00, seven days a week. Hays also offer a Refer A Friend scheme so if this isn't the job for you but you know someone who would be interested, please refer them to us and you may be entitled to £250 in vouchers.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.