Are you looking to for a new, flexible role where you could really make a difference to student lives in Sheffield? Have you got a background in SpLD and supporting students and would like a new challenge?
We are looking for people with a background in SpLD who can work with university and higher education students to develop their study skills and learning strategies. You will provide specialist support to students and will help to implement individual learning plans and help students to achieve their goals.
We are looking for people to primarily provide support in the Sheffield area, but there will also be the opportunity to support students across other areas if you are available to travel.
We are looking for the right individuals to start working with students straight away to really make a difference.
- Flexible working hours on a part-time basis - you can chose your own hours
- A competitive hourly pay rate plus additional benefits, e.g. holiday pay
- Working for the UK's leading provider - you're in safe hands
- Interacting directly with students - YOU help them to achieve their goals
Providing individual support to students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD). You will help your students with:
- Building skills to help manage Spld-related disabilities
- Help with researching, structuring and reviewing assignments
- Building skills in time management, organisation and independent learning
- Supporting students to build their own independence
You MUST hold a professional membership with one of the following:
- Professional Association for Teachers and Assessors (PATOSS) - Full Membership
- British Dyslexia Association (BDA)
- Dyslexia Guild - Associate Member
- The Association of Dyslexia Specialists in Higher Education (ADSHE)
Further skills/requirements include:
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Accurate spelling and grammar
- Punctuality and reliability
If you have the above and are interested in this rewarding part time role supporting students in Higher Education then we want to talk to you. Please apply online today with a CV that includes your relevant qualifications.
For more information please contact Nicole Greaves on (phone number removed)
With you on board we can really help our students have a better future.
Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone