Based: Cheltenham - flexible WFH / office split but must be able to commute to Cheltenham on a weekly basis
Ultra Precision Control Systems (PCS) has a very exciting opportunity for an experienced person to join a new team based at our Cheltenham site, driving the development & growth of a next generation soldier-worn system: UltraLYNX.
UltraLYNX is a unique software defined hub, allowing soldiers to "plug & play" equipment to enhance their situational awareness.
As Sales & Marketing Consultant you will support UltraLYNX in the UK and ROW (not North America). This is a customer-facing role where the successful candidate will work to understand customer and user needs, feed that information into the product development road map and lead bits to provide solutions to customer problems to ultimately place Ultra in a winning position in this growing market.
* Identify potential sales opportunities for UltraLYNX and associated products in designated market areas.
* Engaging the potential user community to understand their requirements.
* Contributing to product development and the technical roadmap.
* Developing the marketing strategy to position the product in key markets.
* Identify, develop and maintain key and critical customer relationships in relevant markets in line with strategic growth plan.
* Organising and supporting customer trials to position Ultra for success.
* Develop marketing material for the soldier systems product range.
* Validate the wider business case for the product when assessing future opportunities.
* Leading multi-disciplinary bid teams to respond to new opportunities.
* Support and contribute to the development of the annual order forecast.
* Maintain capture and communication plans for all major opportunities.
Due to the nature of the product, candidates must meet the minimum requirements of SC security clearance.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following behaviours & skills:
Minimum of 3 years' experience in defence or related industry.
Knowledge of military user base and military communications systems.
Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
Highly developed customer-facing skills.
Able to support international travel and flexible working patterns.
Pro-active and self-motivated with wide-ranging problem solving experience.
Helpful and assistive approach to resolution of technical challenges, supportive of change.
Positive attitude with ability to work as part of a team or alone with little supervision or direction.
Energetic and engaging approach, willing to "think big" and target major system opportunities.
In-depth knowledge of the soldier system industry, technologies and user community.
Service in the armed forces would be advantageous.
Ability to influence and guide internal and external subject matter experts to secure PCS win.
Track record in customer liaison in a high technology domain.
Experience in managing a full product lifecycle.
Able to conduct professional commercial and technical presentations at senior levels at the customer and within the Ultra organisation.
The ability to guide and focus a capture team to win and deliver large scale opportunities.
The ability to produce coherent technical proposals.
Knowledge of the wider C4ISR technology.
Awareness of information assurance and security principles.
Experience of dismounted soldier systems and tactical data links.
Demonstrate a tenacious, logical and determined working style with strong interpersonal skills.
Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, and presentational. IT literate.
Technical knowledge of how to monetise and sell software defined solutions.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits
The Cheltenham office has free parking, onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
* 4x your annual salary in life assurance
* Flexible benefits package (car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
* Pension Scheme
* Sports and Social club
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible