Test Project Support
Newport or Titchfield. Currently remote.
£17-20 per hour. Inside IR35
3 Months (possible extension)
Are you a highly organised, proactive individual who would like to help deliver test strategy and plans, enabling capability acceptance and technology development and service transition at pace? Do you enjoy working in a busy, fast paced environment with a team ready to support and celebrate success with one another? Then this might be the role for you!
The Integrated Data Programme will build a digital collaborative environment that enables cross-government teams and wider communities to deliver complex analytical outcomes by bringing together analysts, data, infrastructure, information governance and domain expertise. The main objective is to unlock the vast potential of linked data to enhance decision making for the public good, providing a quality evidence base on which to improve the lives of citizens.
In order to assist this work, we are looking for a Testers in lead and support capacity to effectively integrate testing into the programme plan. Testers will engage across multiple workstreams to identify;
- Test requirements
- Testers for BAU
- Test scripts
- Test alignment
- Challenges, risks and issues
The test team will encourage engagement in the test strategy and collaborate on test scripts, user stories and rules so that testing is thorough and effective, preventing major issues reaching the private and public beta environments.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of the Test Lead/Support is critical to the delivery of the Integrated Data Programme. With a number of key dates and capability drops, testing of the user acceptance criteria and leading the defect management/ go no go meetings will be vital.
This role requires immediate test planning and alignment of test resources
* Providing assurance that the delivery of new capability has passed the criteria and fit for purpose.
* Working with the Programme Planning, PMMO and workstreams to ensure that the test plan covers all essential capability and meeting requirements.
* Working with the business to coordinate testing activity so that staff get to see the functionality.
* Leading the activities associated with testing, traceability and sign off.
* Relevant experience in test lead/support roles
* Excellent communication skills, able to translate into plain English when providing demonstrations and written documentation
* Experience of test script writing and test planning
* Experience of writing and delivering within the remit of the test strategy,
* Experience of version control and document management
* Cross team working with a multi discipline team
* Managing the test process within Jira