We have a Level 1 support role / First Line Support Engineer to join a team providing telephone support on a range of desktop and cloud based products such as Windows Server, MS Office O365, Sharepoint Online and some public cloud (AWS or Azure).
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE UNLESS YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE, AS OUR CLIENT WILL NOT CONSIDER YOU:
* At least one year's experience in the areas of IT Services, ideally on the IT Helpdesk.
* Experience in a customer-facing role (telephone)
* Great team player, but also able to take own initiative, when required.
Our client is a fast-growing, dynamic organisation which, year on year, has experienced superb growth - currently their turnover is in the millions.
They are progressive, vibrant and have a very positive and close-knit staff culture, which rewards high quality work and team member loyalty. The client offers very exciting solutions in a managed services capacity, including Data Protection and Data Securitisation, and some public cloud services. (Main services include: DRaaS / DR as a service, IaaS / Infrastructure as a Service, BaaS / Back-up as a Service, Software Services).
They offer great training and ongoing support - comprehensive training in relevant technical areas such as Disaster Recovery, Networking and Software Solutions will be provided for the right candidate. In addition, career progression is something they heavily invest in.
as well as career progression in a fast-paced environment.
As a result of sustained business growth, our client seeks 3 additional team members in their UK to provide 1st line support to their clients and partners - who regard them in very high esteem.
About the Role
You will join a vibrant and progressive team who enjoy regular outings, and your duties will include:
* Interaction with Customers via email and phone
* Interaction with Partner SMC's (Service Management Centre)
* Call Logging for Incidents, Changes and Service Requests
* Call allocation
* First Line Fix
* Call escalation
* Updating Tickets and Partners
* Managed Service Application Daily Monitoring Tasks
* Responding to and Reporting Alerts from various sources
* Maintaining and reviewing various internal and external reports
You must be passionate about IT and understand your subject matter, as well as customer-facing; via telephone, therefore you must be very comfortable in this capacity and a fantastic team player. The current teams are sociable and regularly enjoy X-box breaks and team outings (when the law allows!)
Essential Experience / Skills
* Ability to interpret monitoring tools and troubleshoot in a methodical way
* Experience of escalating problems and working collaboratively to resolve them
* Windows Server (2012 - 2019)
* MS Office 0365, SharePoint Online
* Some exposure to public cloud (AWS or Azure)
Some knowledge or understanding of some of the following technologies would accelerate your application.
* VMware (vCenter, ESX, VDS and NSX)
* Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (Nutanix)
* Virtualisation (Hyper-V and AHV)
* SAN Technologies (NexSan, Zadara)
* Disaster Recovery Solutions (Zerto, Commvault)
* Backup Technologies (Rubrik, Commvault, NetBackup)
* Scripting and automation skills (PowerShell)
* Documentation skills
* Understanding and awareness of ITIL Process
Reports into Team Leader - L1
Some companies might call this role a Technical Support, Level 2 Engineer, Line 1 Engineer, IT Support, Helpdesk support