Electronics Engineer, based in the Edinburgh area, working for a well-respected global Manufacturer of Power Solutions. Salary Basic £NEG DOE (Excellent) + additional benefits
Position: Electronics Engineer
Location: Edinburgh region of Scotland
Products: Solutions for decarbonising commercial vehicles
Company: Well respected global Manufacturer
Salary: Basic £NEG DOE (competitive) + Other incentives & Benefits
The primary objective of this role is to help design and develop power electronics, and control circuits for Electric and Hybrid electric vehicles, including DC-DC converters, 3 phase motor drives, and AC inverters.
To do this the Electronics Engineer will be required to:
* Orientate quickly into the role to understand the business, it's products and application, and the various team interactions
* Develop a keen sense of cultural and matrix style management in order to operate in this diverse and multi-faceted environment
* Take designs from concept into production, including design, documentation, design validation testing, debug, field return root cause failure analysis, corrective actions, and ECN preparation.
To maximise your opportunity to create value and benefit from this dynamic growing and exciting business, it is expected you will already have experience in a similar role, having accumulated skills and experience such as:
* A degree in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in Power Electronics.
* Analog and digital schematic design, PCB layout, testing and debugging experience
* Ability to see the big picture, to establish a vision, and to guide others in the right direction
* Knowledge of motor control theory
* Controls systems experience
* Embedded Firmware experience
* Automotive Industry Experience with familiarity of the APQP process is a plus
* The ability to operate cross-functionally in a matrix style organisation
* Understanding of functional safety (ISO26262)
This is an incredibly exciting time to join a successful, growing, dynamic and respected organisation who manufacture their products in over 40 different countries and who operate in more than 100. You can expect as recognition for meeting objectives; the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge, the opportunity to advance you career along multiple paths and challenging projects to keep you motivated and positively challenged.
You will also be part of the team building a legacy to deliver the next generation of products used in decarbonising the commercial automotive sector
So, if you can demonstrate delivering consistently high results, you wish to work in an autonomous friendly environment and have the relevant skill set for a challenging role like this, then we would like to hear from you now