Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables
Key Stakeholders -
- Managing the due diligence and client life-cycle process for customer, vendor, and counterparty relationships from initial onboarding to periodic and trigger-event driven reviews and offboarding and exits process for customers, counterparties and vendors / suppliers;
- Ensuring that appraisals and competency assessments are completed for members of the Client Onboarding department, and that opportunities to develop their, skills, knowledge and abilities are provided;
- Provide subject matter advise and guidance to the Deputy Head of Client Onboarding and Senior Manager, Correspondent Banking Due Diligence as well as the wider the Client Onboarding department with regards to customer due diligence and enhanced due diligence
- Drafting, maintain and where relevant update client onboarding / client life-cycle operating procedures for the department in line with the Bank's policies and procedures and ensure these are effectively implemented and embedded;
- Ensuring support and guidance is provided to Relationship Managers with regards to due diligence and client life-cycle requirements;
- Working closely with Relationship Managers in maintaining adequate Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for the timely completion of due diligence records;
- Maintain ownership of the Client Lifecycle Management system and ensure relevant enhancements are identified, scoped and implemented;
- Ensuring adequate records are kept with regards to the steps that have been taken in terms of due diligence and client life-cycle management of individual relationships;
- Providing sign-off (i.e. confirmation that KYC has been completed satisfactory) for all client accounts (both new and existing clients at point of onboarding and refresh and remediation);
- Identify, manage, initiate and where relevant execute projects and initiatives to improve the operational effectiveness of the Client Onboarding department;
- Providing relevant and timely Management Information (MI) to senior management and relevant governance and oversight committees on the operational and risk management effectiveness (i.e. Key Performance Indicators) of the Client Onboarding department;
- Ensuring the Risk Assessment and Controls Self-assessment is completed.
The Head of Client Onboarding will have regular communication with the following:
Person specificationSkills and competence
- Chief Banking Officer
- GM Compliance & MLRO
- GM Client Coverage
- Head of Transaction Monitoring & Screening
- Hands-on, able to work on own initiative, pro-active and take full responsibility delivering role objectives.
- Strong communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with various stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and focused on results and delivery of objectives.
- Able to prioritise and to work to tight deadlines.
- Able to present issues and results to senior management and to influence.
- Proven team-player.
- Advanced report writing and presentation skills.
- Able to analyse complex sets of data and be inquisitive and curious by nature.
- Previous management experience desirable.
- Able to manage, support and develop junior team members.
- Self-aware and confident to work independently and take responsibility for own development.
- Confident to challenge actions and behaviors that are not consistent with internal policies and the best interests of the business and its customers.
- Able to walk through processes and procedures and detect possible control weaknesses to target testing appropriately.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the UK regulatory framework with excellent knowledge of retail, wholesale, and correspondent banking due diligence.
- Be a Customer Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence subject matter expert with excellent understanding of requirements relating to high risk: a) regions, b) products and c) customers.
- Must be able to understand and apply outcome focused regulation and have a sound risk awareness.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience within a Customer Due Diligence function in a financial services environment, ideally gained at a small or medium size firm.
- A minimum of 5 years' team management experience essential.
- Degree in a relevant subject, such as Business or Management etc
- Professional / Industry qualifications in compliance an advantage
IT Interpersonal Skills
- A good overall knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Knowledge of using Sanction, PEP and adverse media screening tools essential
- Knowledge of using transaction monitoring system would be beneficial
- Be able to collaborate, build trust and rapport across the business
- Be able to manage, support and develop junior team members
- Be a people-oriented team player with an analytical and practical mind-set
- Have demonstrable professional integrity and a strong work ethic
- Have a strong desire for continuous professional development