We are looking for a senior C#/.NET developer who is passionate about writing clean code. For us that means code which is readable, extensible and maintainable. You will have a strong grasp of the principles and patterns needed to produce this kind of code. You will play a key role in modernising our Microsoft technology stack, helping to create a strong platform for future innovation.
You will help us migrate our systems from on premise to Microsoft Azure, and to make the most of that platform. You will have experience with CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps and automating the creation of Azure infrastructure. We provide opportunities to work with the best tools and packages, such as C# 9, .NET 5, Entity Framework, OpenAPI, Docker, Bicep, Mediatr and JetBrains.
You will work in an autonomous agile squad, we do not believe in command and control, and we will give you the opportunity to shape strategy and processes. You will have some experience of mentoring others, for you code reviews are an opportunity to make others better. A key aspect of your role will be guiding others in the adoption of clean code and modern Microsoft tooling.
You will be able to demonstrate the way that you manage your own continuing professional development, and you will be aware of the latest industry trends and tools. We are serious about investing in our people and we provide time and funding for your continued learning.Skills required:
PLEASE NOTE - RIGHT TO WORK:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years' experience in C#/.NET development and a track record of shipping great quality code with real customer impact
- Know your way around the major Azure services
- Be comfortable working with containers
- Experience working in an agile environment (ideally Scrum)
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and at times under pressure.
- Excellent influencing and communication skills, able to communicate both written and verbally to developers and internal stakeholders
- An analytic mindset, you naturally use data to drive your decision making
- Actively pursue professional improvement, maintaining awareness of industry trends and tools
- Experience of mentoring others and helping to foster a culture of continuous learning
My client is unable to offer sponsorship for this role so you will need to have unrestricted right to work in the UK to be considered.LOCATION:
This role will be largely home based but would require someone travelling to the offices in Oxfordshire a couple of times a month for team meetings etc.