We make innovative, sustainable packaging and paper that's kind to the planet. By using renewable sources-like sugarcane waste instead of wood-our production has a much smaller environmental footprint than traditional packaging, and still delivers an industry-leading product.
As a certified B Corporation, sustainability's at the heart of our business. We balance profit and purpose, striving for ethical, eco-friendly, transparent production. We're also committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals for 2030 around sustainability, responsibility and innovation.
Since identifying a gap in the packaging market, we've continued to innovate and disrupt. We want to find new ways to move beyond conventional tree-based paper packaging and create a more sustainable future. Our cutting-edge products show that you can shift from a disposable to a circular culture, while still offering incredible quality.
Each metric tonne of envoPAP helps save 50 trees from being chopped down for paper and packaging production. So far, we've saved more than trees from deforestation. By 2030, we aim to save 10 million trees across the globe, as well as empowering 1,000+ people through job opportunities and donating profits towards sustainable development.
Title: Head of Investment & Finance
Office: London, UK
Start Date: Mid August 2021 Preferred
Reports to: CEO
You will be required to undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- strategy: define a strategy to attract investment, taking into account examples of public offerings against the backdrop of quantitative easing
- prepare investment materials with a model and financial statements
- target Investors: identify a list of priority investors capable of attracting top talent and strategic partnerships
- attracting investments: organize and hold meetings with investors, attract advisers, collect investment applications
- transaction: to structure the transaction together with the contractors and lawyers
- maintain on-going relations with investors - support on queries, performance reviews, and cross-sell further solutions
- generate leads for new investment opportunities, either through cold outreach, tapping into your network for referrals, or through our marketing activities.
- build and maintain relations with angel investors, funds, private equity investment companies and vcs
- coordinate internal teams to develop necessary marketing documentation for investor meetings
- annual budget/quarterly planning/quarterly bonus processes for multiple teams and board pack management
- commercial modelling to support and challenge departments on proposed business development cases, new products and new concepts
- financial modelling - good financial modelling skills, with the ability to produce forecasted p&l, balance sheet and cash flow statements
- cultivate a thorough understanding of the alternative finance/startup/funding industry and keep abreast of significant developments
- work with colleagues on areas such as common policy, issues, approach as required
- seek ways of improving the way the business operates
- keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world
- adhoc - undertake any assignments or projects as directed by the CEO
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion.
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Represent the company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials.
- Experience in organizing and closing an investment round is an advantage
- Experience in building financial models and reporting is a must
- Experience in a startup and skills in product development, agile team management is desirable
- Has a need to surround himself with straightforward people with high demands on results
- Developed communication skills and fluent English
- Hands-on self-starter with the combination of analytical and commercial skills to figure out what needs doing and then doing it
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to inspire confidence at the most senior level
- Analytical thinker with a demonstrably broad business perspective
- Displays energy, creativity and innovation
- Able to deliver under pressure
- Comfortable working in a fast-changing environment; appetite and motivation to raise the game