At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. The Role:
The role holder will ensure all trades are confirmed and settled efficiently and accurately in line with agreed SLA's and will fully investigate any errors and exceptions. Key Work Level Accountabilities:
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Accountable for delivering a quality service and product to customers and stakeholders
- Focuses on quality of delivery to achieve clear outputs within guidelines and precedent
- Runs the organisation's processes and systems following pre-defined procedures
- Adapts to change, responds with initiative and make suggestions for improvements to own work and processes
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Ensure all trades are confirmed and settled within SLA to a high degree of success and accuracy.
- Report any risks, issues or problems to the Trade Support and Settlements Manager.
- Any error trades are investigated and fully resolved.
- Chase Fund Managers for contract notes and late settlement
- Ensure all transactions meet TCF guidelines.
- Ensure all unreconciled market trades and payments are addressed and the required adjustments made.
- Support other Operational Teams where required.
- Respond to queries raised by Customer Services or any other internal areas, IFAs and Clients, efficiently, professionally and as quickly as possible
- Undertake additional projects as directed from time to time, by the Trade Support and Settlements Manager
- Ensure Business area risk responsibilities are understood
- Understand the Risk types, key risks and control framework in your business area.
Role Level: Colleague Recruiter: Sarah Mathers Closing Date: 29 July 2021
- Experience of working in a similar role is preferred
- Previous experience in Financial Services Operations would be a preferred requirement.
- Knowledge of reconciliations both in process and issue resolution would be advantageous.
- PC literacy and internet skills.
- Strong numeracy and excel skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to prioritise and work to close deadlines.
- To be able to communicate clearly and precisely, especially when dealing with complex queries.
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things