AIMCo is one of Canada's largest and most diversified investment managers, with over $118 billion of assets under management for 32 clients, a diverse group of Alberta public sector pension plans, endowment funds, and government accounts representing all Albertans.
We are guided by the core values of excellence, transparency, humility, integrity and collaboration.
AIMCo is mindful and responsive to actively evaluating, assessing and optimizing risk to achieve superior performance for Albertans. We believe that every employee is empowered and accountable for managing risk. Opportunity
Are you interested in leveraging your business acumen by working as part of high performing investment team? Are you excited to apply your critical thinking skills, roll up your sleeves and dig into new investment opportunities?
As an Associate, Infrastructure & Renewable Resources you will assist senior team members in managing the Infrastructure & Renewable Resources portfolio, which presently has $13 Billion of assets under management. Investments of note include Eolia Renovables, London City Airport and Porterbrook, as well as significant transportation and energy businesses in North and South America, Asia and Australia. You will work closely with senior investment professionals in a competitive global environment, undertaking due diligence on new investment opportunities and monitoring existing portfolio investments. AIMCo is an active investor and you will work alongside the seniors, supporting the full range of asset management activities including interacting with management, business planning, budgeting, attending boards, capex plans, value-enhancements and operational efficiencies, portfolio valuations and refinancings. As a key member of the team, you will also coach and mentor analysts to further hone their financial analysis expertise. Your attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and demonstrated 'live' deal experience will form the foundation of your contributions to the group.Responsibilities
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Performing qualitative and quantitative analysis to understand the risk and return profile of various infrastructure and or renewable resources investments
- Preparing analysis of due diligence and market research for senior investment professionals
- Liaising with internal Operational, Risk Management, Legal, Accounting and Performance teams
- Helping prepare investment committee materials for new opportunities
- Possesses a University degree in Finance/Quantitative field within Finance, Business, Economics, or Accounting. MBA students will also be considered.
- Demonstrates a willingness to enroll in the CFA program or have already started
- 5+ years of relevant experience, with a strong understanding of finance, accounting and business concepts
- Prior experience in a business development, corporate finance, investment management, investment bank, boutique advisory or professional accounting firm role will be considered an asset
- Experienced in complex financial modelling, asset valuation and presentation building
- Embodies resiliency; able to shift priorities and direction quickly
- Tackles problems and has exceptional research and analytical abilities
- Exemplifies continuous improvement and relentlessly creates high quality deliverables
- Demonstrates excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Thrives under pressure and is highly collaborative
- A second, European, language is desirable and candidates should have a willingness to travel
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to AIMCo's core values of excellence, transparency, humility, integrity and collaboration, and inspires the same in others