The office of the CTO focuses on the corporate technical strategy to deliver the companies objectives. This includes practical engagement with all business units on product design, architecture, technology selection and governance. The office strives for horizontal alignments across all business units to benefit from economies of scale. In certain cases, the office will utilize capital investment on key initiatives to deliver immediate value or remediate high risk areas through structured programs. Maintains a focus on innovation to keep ahead of market trends in an effort to create new business value.
This highly motivated individual will have responsibility for developing quality software related the development of the Enterprise Knowledge Graph platform, which intends to connect all data within IHS Markit. The successful candidate will need to be capable of working with staff in all centres remotely.
The candidate would be working in dynamic development culture as part of OCTO, driving success through software development, delivery of reference implementations and general knowledge sharing. Accountable for the successful execution of technology projects including support and maintenance releases, minor functional releases and major products. Further, candidate would be expert at adapting easily to rapidly changing environments to ensure bottom-line success with leadership capabilities that enable he/she to work well independently or as part of a team.
Duties & accountabilities
- Software design and development required to implement the Enterprise Knowledge Graph
- Collaborate with OCTO EA and business units on development initiatives
- Recommends software solutions and/or new technologies based upon business value drivers, proven architecture principles, patterns and return on investment
- Understands and implements data models that support functional requirements.
- A clear understanding of data base technologies
- Influencing common data modeling, design, and coding practices
- Facilitating the reuse of code, components, and proven patterns
- Defines reference documentation in support of developed solutions
- Can instrument code in CI/CD environments
- Synchronizing the following disciplines across solutions whenever applicable:
- Privacy by design, Security by design and data security
- Production infrastructure as code
- Scalability, performance, and other Nonfunctional Requirements (NFRs)
- Develops innovative technology approaches to solve business problems
- Experience of working with development methodologies like Agile, Kanban.
- Knowledge of financial products, industry trends, regulatory rules in different jurisdictions and operational practices across a range of asset classes.
- Experience of working on mission critical systems.
Education and experience
- 3+ years of experience in software development/design in relevant technology disciplines
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a Business, Financial or Technical field.
- Experienced with hands on full stack development in progressive stacks, such as Python, Node.js, Go
- Cloud/SaaS/Web Services development, using SOA architectures. AWS preferred
- Experience building graph databases (Neo4J)
- Deep understanding of RDBMS, SQL, OLAP, OLTP and NoSQL alternatives
- Familiarity with building on and deploying containerized services to 3rd party platforms such as AWS
- Docker, ECS, Kubernetes or similar orchestration technologies
- Knowledge applying a test-driven CI/CD framework and culture at a team level
- A background with Big Data driven analysis and productization
- Displays a consistent, positive, can-do professional attitude.
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Focused on delivery, quality and timeliness.
- Open-minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing business requirements.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.