The Software Engineer will work as a developer within FactSet's Analytics & Trading Business Unit working on the Factset OMS product. The OMS engineering team requires a C++ Software Engineer to join the team and participate in the development of functional enhancements to the Order Management and Compliance solution, and participate in the maintenance and support of the solution.
The Order Management and Compliance solution is a multi-asset Buy-side providing Decision Support, Trading and Compliance software solutions to Investment Managers, Asset Managers, Multi Managers, Pension Funds, Wealth Managers, Broker Dealers and Hedge Funds.
Technically the solution is developed using C++ and .NET technologies (primarily C++\\CLI) for Microsoft Windows operating systems. Both Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle are supported as the Relational Database Platform.
This is a great opportunity gain Financial industry experience while developing front office Buy-side solutions. Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development and validation of functional enhancements to the Order Management and Compliance solution.
- Participate in the maintenance and support of the solution;
- Maintain and resolve issues in existing components;
- Provide regular project status updates to team Lead;
- Participate in quality assurance activities;
- Use a structured requirements analysis process to assess near-term and long-term needs;
- Ensure change management and communication of change is done in a systematic way for projects where initial requirements may evolve during the lifecycle of the project;
- Contribute and develop Knowledge Management & Best Practice function.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, or equivalent;
- Ability to articulate and quickly adopt development best practices;
- Ability to work as part of a geographically diverse team;
- Ability to create and review documentation and test plans;
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Good people skills. Ability to build strong relationships and work with people at all levels to solve problems and overcome obstacles;
- Work efficiently and effectively to meet desired deadlines;
- Experience using JIRA or other Agile development tools is preferred;
- Preferably having financial industry experience. Specifically, Portfolio and Trading systems;
- Willingness to work as a member of a team, including participating in peer code reviews and maintaining project and operational documentation.
Mandatory technical skills,
- Strong C++ development. 5years;
- Multithread programming. 5years;
- Graphical User Interface development. 3 years;
- Windows development. Microsoft Visual Studio. 5 years;
- Relational Database experience. SQL. MS SQL Server or Oracle. 3 years;
- Object Oriented Design Methodologies. 5 years.
Optional technical skills,
- FIX Protocol experience. 4.0, 4.1 4.2, 4.4 and/or 5.0;
- OpenSLL experience;
- QuickFIX experience;
- .NET Development. C#, C++\\CLI;
- Infragistics Winforms library experience;
- Crystal reports experience;
- Understanding of Relational Database theory.