A Leading F/S Business are for a Senior Python Developer/Engineer with experience working with complex, modular data centric applications to join our team, working on a new Transaction Monitoring platform used across multiple businesses within our Institutional Clients Group.
London or WFH Based
£650-£750 a day (Inside IR35) - Umbrella
12 month contract
As a Python Engineer in our team, you will be responsible for building data pipelines and integrating them with various internal or external systems, contributing to architectural decisions, understanding engineering processes as a whole- including contribution to monitoring application health, infrastructure set-up, CI/CD, etc.
The Transaction Monitoring platform will be looking at running various models at scale on large data sets to identify possible instances of market abuse in the market.
You will work with the data scientists and business stakeholder as end consumers of the pipelines to ensure we are meeting their requirements. You will contribute to the team's strategy around development and deployment best practices.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on an important project, which will have huge impact on the business and our future architecture in this area.Key Responsibilities:
- Developing a data-centric application, hosting many data pipelines and algorithms to detect possible market abuse
- Designing the architecture for a system allowing hosting and scheduling of inter-dependent data-centric pipelines and services.
- Building out additional ETL layers to support the ingestion of additional data sources
- Working closely with quants/data scientists to understand requirements needed to add new algorithms, and onboarding the data sources including quality checks and timeliness
- Building a close relationship with clients and stakeholders to understand the use case for the platform and prioritise work accordingly
Working well in a multidisciplinary team, building a close relationship with other developers, Quants/Data Scientists, and production support teamsKey Skills - Tech Stack
- You have extensive experience designing and implementing python-based backend services
- You have experience building data pipelines on top of Big Data technologies, ideally using Spark and Python
- You have experience working with message queues (ideally Kafka or Solace)
- You are passionate about databases and worked in the past with SQL\NoSQL technologies (SQL Server, Oracle, Couchbase, Mongo DB, etc.)
- You have worked closely with data scientists before, and may have experience creating pipelines that can serve ML/statistical algorithms
- You have experience working in a DevOps culture and willing to drive it. You are comfortable working with CI/CD tools (ideally IBM UrbanCode Deploy, TeamCity or Jenkins), monitoring tools and log aggregation tools. Ideally, you would have worked with Docker/Kubernetes.
- You have high development standards, especially for code quality, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment
- You have proven capability to interact with clients and deliver results, taking ideas to production
- You have experience working in fast paced development environments
You agree that verbal and written communication skills are vital