At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. The Role:
This team is responsible for the oversight and account management of existing Ascentric platform users, particularly those who use Ascentric as a primary platform and have at least £10m AUA. Their key purpose is to ensure we retain and grow asset profitably with these users as well as ensuring our users experience first class customer service.
A key purpose of this role is to identify opportunities to increase revenue across the Ascentric platform and wider M&G group. Key Work Level Accountabilities
Manager or Expert:
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- For people managers, accountable for managing and motivating others to ensure quality of delivery to customers and stakeholders
- For technical specialists, accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
- Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
- Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Develop key account plans with our key Ascentric accounts, with the aim of retaining AUA and increasing flows in line with the MTP.
- Build and maintain relationships with business owners, advisers and key administration staff within the Ascentric business stream to ensure they get market leading support from Ascentric.
- Communicate on an agreed regular basis, to all relevant internal and external stakeholders, progress against the joint strategic key account plan.
- Ensure existing Ascentric users fully understand the platform proposition including service differentiators and what this can do for their business.
- Deliver any required Due Diligence requests from existing relationships with the objective of retaining and growing assets.
- Work with the Platform Adoption team to ensure all users of the Ascentric platform are competent and accredited in using the platform to maximise asset flows from the Institutional Key accounts.
- Ensure effective working relationships with all internal departments and Key stakeholders within Ascentric.
- Taking an active role in the development of the strategy and propositional roadmap for Ascentric.
- Proven knowledge of the financial advice marketplace, the financial advice workplace i.e. the mechanics of an adviser's back office and an understanding of different adviser propositions, their processes and the Key drivers for success
- An appreciation of the Wrap Platform market
- Experience of web-enabled applications and an understanding of the functionality of the main IFA back office systems in common usage in the market
- IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project
- Track record of working with IFA firms on strategic change, as well as a proven track record in development, sales or relationship management.
- Competitor Awareness
- Ideally relevant professional qualifications gained in Financial Services or in an IFA facing business e.g. FPC, AFPC, ACII
- Willing to study for further relevant professional qualifications
- Excellent consultative selling skills with a results driven orientation and strong track record of achievement of goals and sales targets
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong client-facing focus and the ability to manage good working relations
- Ability to negotiate at all levels, with experience of dealing at Senior Management levels
- Highly motivated and able to work under pressure
- Experience in preparing business cases for investment and creating compelling business proposals demonstrating value to client organisations
- Strong customer orientation, with an understanding of and commitment to delivering a customer service experience superior to our main competitors
- Strong project management skills
Work Level: Manager or Expert
Recruiter Name: Sarah Mathers
Closing Date: 25/07/2021
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things