Description About this role
The Portfolio Analytics Group (PAG) within BlackRock Solutions delivers actionable insights to our investment and client teams, grounded in our proficiency of Aladdin technology, data, models and their underlying processes. PAG collaborates with investors, risk managers and portfolio consultants to advance portfolio decision with innovative technology solutions delivered with the scale of Aladdin across the most diverse suite of financial products in the industry.
The team seeks experienced Associates with demonstrated problem solving skills to join our efforts in London working closely with researchers, portfolio managers and portfolio engineers across active, multi-asset and index investment teams to evolve portfolio analytics used to make portfolio decisions on behalf of clients. Candidates will be expected to build strong knowledge of financial markets and achieve a deep understanding of investment processes spanning different asset classes. They will leverage statistical and modern scripting techniques and work with different datasets to derive insights and build analytics solutions across the digital spectrum from automation to visualization to interactive services and applied data sciences. In addition to creativity and innovation in applying quantitative skills to solve unconventional problems, stakeholder engagement, consensus building among multiple partner teams and skillful project management will also be key to success.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Ensure successful, high-impact delivery of solutions aligned with our stakeholders' strategic priorities and PAG's value proposition
- Collaborate with portfolio managers, portfolio engineers, researchers, and risk managers to create new commercial applications of existing data and analytics
- Partner with software engineering, financial modeling, and data operations to design and deploy solutions
- Leverage technology and modern data science techniques to build custom solutions for investment teams
- Create innovative features and analytic solutions for specific deskside problems and then where plausible craft strategies to incorporate them in core Aladdin toolset for the rest of the firm and Aladdin clients
- Interest in using technology (e.g.: python) and/or working with technology focused teams to solve business problems
- At least 4-5 years of experience in an analytical role preferably in technology or financial services. Business analyst experience in other industries would also be considered.
- Proven experience in building analytics using bond math, modern portfolio theory, and/or financial data to better understand portfolios is preferred
- Broad knowledge of modern techniques in scripting, experience querying databases and organizing data sets and workflows
- Ability to influence and lead multiple partner teams towards a common goal
- Creativity in solving unconventional problems
- Entrepreneurial drive to learn new skills and technologies
- Ability to operate independently within a team environment
- Experience in building relationships with stakeholders and partners in a highly matrixed organization is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.