This is an opportunity to contribute to the community within Poole, Weymouth and Bournemouth by becoming an Academy Ambassador at Ambitions Academies Trust (AAT). Board meetings are held at BH12 4JG when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.The opportunityAmbitions Academies Trust provides education for nursery to post-16 aged pupils in 13 schools based in Poole, Weymouth and Bournemouth. The trust is committed to transforming under-performing schools, especially those in disadvantaged communities, in line with its values of 'Inclusivity, Openness and Honesty'. The board seeks four non-executive directors/trustees with expertise in accountancy, IT/digital, executive education leadership or human resources who can support delivery of the trust's strategic plan and help pupils achieve their potential.
The board seeks 4 business leaders with board level experience in
- IT / Digital & Data Protection Strategy
- HR (talent, CPD, succession planning)
- Executive Education Leadership*
* The board seeks an executive educational leader with experience of working in 2-19 education provision to help develop increased consistency in the review of school performance and determine how best to make an evidence-based judgement to support delivery of the school improvement strategy.
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- The trust plans to provide a broad, balanced and enriching curriculum that meets every pupil's needs, enabling and empowering all to develop and make ambitious progress and become well prepared for adulthood.
- A key focus of the trust is quality staff recruitment, ongoing training and deployment to develop their people. The trust's people strategy is focused on enabling all staff to be the best they can be via CPD, career progression, talent management and reward.
- The trust is also keen to ensure efficient and effective management of finance, IT, resources and estates in delivering its strategic improvement priorities to ensure all pupils achieve their potential.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.What's next?
- All roles are pro bono.
- People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
- Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.