Pay: Kent Range 11
Start Date: 1 September 2021 or sooner if possible
Start Date - 1 September 2021 (or sooner if possible)
Salary - Kent Range 11 (£40,607 - £46,501)
Information for Applicants
We are seeking to appoint a new Bursar & Estates Manager. You will work closely with the Headteacher and the Trustees to develop the strategic direction of the school in Finance, Human Resources, Buildings & Estates and Health & Safety in line with the school improvement plan. Furthermore, you will ensure that this strategy is effectively implemented in all areas of responsibility, to the standards and budgets agreed. You must be able to manage the school's finances and will have the capacity to become an excellent leader and manager. Knowledge of finance systems, Facilities Management and Health & Safety legislation would be an advantage.
This is an exciting time for the school as we are increasing our admission numbers, with the local authority supporting an accompanying building expansion. Whilst Ofsted judged the school to be 'Good' in 2016, a new headteacher was appointed in September 2021, committed to improving the school further and so providing students in Swale with every advantage that being a grammar school can offer.
In partnership with the Headteacher, the Leadership Group plays a vital role in setting the strategic direction for the whole school and holding staff and students to account for standards. The Leadership Group consists of the Headteacher, one Deputy Headteacher, three Assistant Headteachers and the Bursar.
The closing date for applications is 10.00am, Friday 30 July, however applicants should be aware that the school will consider the merit of early applications if the quality of early applications necessitates such a response.
The selection process will involve a combination of tasks and interview panels with students and staff. If you would like to apply please return a fully completed application form (leaving no gaps in employment). Please do not submit a CV, but you are welcome to provide a letter of application as a continuation of the form.
Interested candidates are welcome to telephone the Headteacher for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the school.
Please contact Lara Bateman, PA to Headteacher with any queries.
Telephone 01795 424192, extension 106.
Whilst the closing date for receipt of applications is 10.00 am on Friday 30 July, early applications are welcome.
All applications must be made on the Borden Grammar School application form, also downloadable from the website.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 30/07/2021 at 10:00
Interviews: To be confirmed
Information about the school
Borden is a vibrant and purposeful grammar school for boys. The school is part of a thriving post-16 partnership and has female students in the Sixth Form. Borden provides a stimulating learning environment for its students and is committed to their protection and safety. Borden became an Academy in January 2012.
Borden Grammar is committed to:
- Challenging and inspiring our students to achieve their personal aspirations.
- Encouraging the pursuit of excellence in academic, sporting and cultural spheres.
- Providing a caring environment that enables our students to thrive socially and academically.
- Maximising the advantage, that being a boys' grammar school can bring to our students, our parents, our local community and beyond.
The school underwent successful Ofsted Inspections in November 2013 and November 2016. The inspectors concluded that:
- All staff share the Headteacher's ambitious vision which focuses on the achievement of every student within a highly supportive and harmonious community.
- Parents, staff and students are exceptionally positive about the standards of behaviour and safety in the school.
- Students arrive at their lessons hungry to learn and engage enthusiastically with classroom activities.
- The relationship between teachers and students is a particularly strong feature of the school and helps to ensure that there is an exceptionally positive climate for learning.
GDPR Summary Notice:
- Candidates should understand that when submitting their application form they are giving consent to the following:
- All application forms and supporting statements are held on all candidates for six months and are shredded thereafter;
- The successful candidate's application and employment records will be kept for six years after their termination of employment;
- Employees details are shared with appropriate third parties such as Teachers' Pensions, Human Resources, etc.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.