Pay: Kent Range 5
Start Date: September 2021, negotiable
We are looking to appoint a Design & Technology Technician to join our Creative Arts Faculty. The DT Technician will provide a wide range of practical, technical and administrative support to enable the efficient running of the department. We would also consider an application from a candidate with IT support experience.
We are keen to develop the resources within the department and offer a wider variety of opportunities for students to develop their practical skills using a range of modern and up to date technologies, therefore the successful candidate should be confident with IT skills. The successful candidate will be flexible and well organised, able to demonstrate initiative and reliability and learn quickly in order to work effectively under pressure. The following are desirable but not essential qualities as comprehensive on the job training will be provided:
- Ideally you will hold an engineering qualification to at least ONC standard, and have gained experience in a similar role in an education or engineering organisation
- Some relevant experience in Design Technology/Resistant Materials/IT technician work
- A general familiarity with hand/power tools and workshop environments would be an advantage.
- A creative and engaging person who can develop a good rapport with students to encourage learning
- A sound knowledge of Health and Safety requirements relating to education
- A dedicated and knowledgeable individual with a passion for STEM, Engineering and Design and previous experience of working in a classroom environment
- A person willing to commit to the ethos and vision of the school including participating in the wider school community
What we can offer you:
- A friendly and supportive staff team
- Access to a range of career enhancing qualifications including subject and industry specific qualifications
- A range of staff social events and staff enrichment opportunities e.g. Art classes, Book Club and Sporting activities.
- Access to coaching and line management support and an assortment of working opportunities.
This is a term time only role, working for 37 hours per week term time + 5 days.
This role will be varied and involve interaction with staff and students. Candidates should be energetic, excellent team players, keen to learn, and able to work to deadlines. The School provides a stimulating and vibrant environment in which to work and learn, and you will join a strong, highly committed and enthusiastic Creative Arts Faculty.
Interested applicants are welcome to visit the academy for a tour with a member of the senior leadership team.
Closing Date: 11/08/2021 at 12:00
Interviews: Late August/early September
Information about the school
Dover Christ Church Academy is an 11-18 mixed, non-selective Academy, located in semi-rural surroundings on the outskirts of Dover, conveniently situated near to motorway links and within easy reach of the continent.
Aspen2 at Dover Christ Church Academy is the designated provider for students with a wide range of profound, severe and complex special educational needs.
With support from our sponsor, Canterbury Christ Church University, we have developed an aspirational and successful Academy where we equip our students with the skills and knowledge they need for their future.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts will be subject to satisfactory references and successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
Ofsted March 2019: "Since being appointed, the Principal has transformed the school. Pupils behave well and show positive attitudes to learning. Pupils are well cared for. Relationships between pupils and staff are strong."
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.