Performance & Analytics Manager London based (please only apply if able to work 3 days per week in this location post Covid) Salary & Benefits: £62,298 - £ 69,220 base salary, plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution, 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays. We also offer flexible working hours and agile working practices to give you good work-life balance. Job Description:
Do you have an analytical mindset and enjoy working with multiple tools and datasets to improve the services we provide to our 16m+ active online customers? Do you enjoy working at pace, identifying new and improved ways of doing things and collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders? Are you passionate to learn and develop in new areas and technologies to make a difference to how the Group operates?
If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Digital Platforms sits at the heart of the Digital Banking Channel and is accountable for service, cyber security, operational performance, change implementation and the delivery of the digital change portfolio. The team works across different technology platforms to provide the best service for our Retail and Commercial internet banking customers. We are also driving the future strategy for the Digital Bank, with a focus on cloud adoption.
We are looking for an experienced candidate to join the Digital Platforms team as a Performance and Analytics Manager, to help us deliver top class performance and availability of the Lloyds Banking Group online services that we support (including Internet/ Mobile Banking, Commercial Banking Online & Open Banking).
The role will be responsible for producing operational performance insights across our online services via the current suite of tools (primarily Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Splunk and GCP native tools), to provide best in class proactive monitoring of our internet and mobile banking services. It will also entail defining, establishing, and embedding our operational performance monitoring capabilities for new applications and services hosted on LBG's new GCP technology stack. What to expect:
- Provide SME knowledge on the extraction and analysis of operational performance data from the current performance monitoring toolset
- Provide operational performance metrics to various support, SRE and engineering teams and overlay business insights to identify improvement opportunities
- Provide expertise of the toolsets to the service support teams to aid recovery of live service issues
- Help deliver our strategy to become a 'Centre Of Excellence' for the operational performance monitoring and insights
- Provide SME knowledge on the use of the various performance & capacity management toolsets - defining, implementing, and educating application labs/ workstreams on best practices
- Mentor colleagues, enabling the application labs/ workstreams to deliver and develop their own performance monitoring capabilities
- Liaise with the journey labs to understand new web or mobile app journeys, apps and associated infrastructure stacks and assist with the development of their performance monitoring capabilities (i.e., producing operational and business data dashboards, alerts, and automated reports)
- Work with lab engineers and production support teams to build, maintain and improve monitoring dashboards
- Drive the delivery of new tooling capabilities, working closely with partner resources to run POC/ POV exercises on new tooling roadmap functionality, helping to build business cases for investment and taking ownership of the planning and delivery of these into production
So what experience, skills and knowledge do you need to do this role?
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret operational metrics into Business insights and vice versa
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills, and able to clearly articulate and present technical concepts to audiences that vary in seniority and technical acumen
- Proficiency using Application Performance Monitoring toolsets and data extraction/ presentation
- An understanding of technical architecture and application stacks for web-based services
- Experience of cloud-hosted application/ service monitoring (especially GCP)
- Scripting (e.g., Python) to drive automation
- Understanding of coding principles (Regular Expression, Java etc)
- Working understanding of Site Reliability Engineering/ Dev Ops principles
What you'd get in return:
A collaborative learning and inclusive environment that supports your career goals, development and encourages knowledge-sharing. Flexibility to try new things while you build the future you want in a diverse, exciting and energising environment that focuses on equal opportunity and career progression.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.