There are few jobs where you can make a real difference to the 40 million consumers of financial products, the two million people who work in the UK Financial Services industry, and the stability of our economy as a whole.
The FCA has three objectives. It is responsible for ensuring that markets operate with integrity; promoting effective competition; and protecting consumers of financial services.
The Regulation Tech & Advanced Analytics department is a recently formed function in the FCA, leading the development of a technology and analytics-led regulatory approach.
In Innovation, we believe in doing things differently. We believe the best approach is sometimes a new approach. We place emphasis on curiosity and experimentation. We collaborate widely with academics, innovative companies and the rest of the FCA. We believe that people need space to continue learning and the support to develop new ideas, so we commit to giving them both.
Come and join us.
What will the role involve?
Help transform the FCA into an analytics led organization:
• Support the testing and implementation of bespoke advanced analytics products built within the department to frontline users in different business areas throughout the organisation. Capture feedback and extract insights from UAT testing, pilots and initial roll-out, and use them to improve existing and create new products.
• Work with business stakeholders to understand what the change will mean for target audiences and the support they will need to successfully navigate through the change. Create appropriate change strategies and deliver interventions to ensure the changes are accepted, supported and stick.
• Design and deliver learning and development support solutions such as formal training and learning support technology to make bespoke tools easy to understand and use.
• Contribute to fostering a culture of openness, collaboration and knowledge sharing across the organization through the work we do, for example, between Analysts Data scientists, product teams and business areas. Explore creative ways to demonstrate and encourage this and seek to use data to inform your decisions. Where suitable use mechanisms like our Analytics Community intranet pages, demos and socials.
• Support organisation and delivery of events like hackathons, external meetups, informal learning and development support sessions, and external speakers. We recently ran a Data Week which consisted of 30+ events and 3500 internal attendees
What will you enjoy?
• Work in the public interest which: helps to change our approach to regulation; makes us more effective at protecting 40 million UK consumers; secures long term economic growth by promoting an industry that represents 12% of UK economic output
• Creative Freedom: we are team that values new ideas and approaches, you will have time and support to develop new ideas and the backing to implement them
• A dynamic and diverse team of colleagues who are passionate about their work and believe in open collaboration
• Exposure to new ideas, technology and research which are transforming financial services and regulation
We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme. This means that we will offer an interview to disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role. A minimum criterion needs to be measurable from reviewing a candidate's CV. Exceptions may apply if due to the volume of applications we are not able to interview all eligible candidates who qualify under the scheme.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience leading change / transformation initiatives within large organisations
• Evidence of working pro-actively and independently to scope and deliver projects or work.
• An interest in people and an aptitude for understanding their needs and viewpoints
• Excellent at developing effective relationships with a diverse range people; at various levels of seniority in different business areas throughout an organisation.
• Ability to manage change in an agile project delivery environment, where change is delivered iteratively, and products are adapted along the project lifecycle
• A passion for innovation, with evidence of trialling and testing new approaches to solve problems and successfully embed lasting change
• An enthusiasm for new technology and a proven desire to learn more about new topics
• Ability to take advantage of change management methodologies and tailor them to specific project or change initiatives with sound judgement
• Experience creating engaging communication material which is clear and concise
• An ability to explain technology without the use of jargon
• Experience designing and delivering quality learning and development support resources for digital products
• Knowledge of financial services or regulation
• Good data and information analysis skills, i.e. track and monitor attendance, engagement etc.
- The job family for this role is REG C (Senior Associate)
- Applications close of 31st July 2021
- Salary range is 46,000.00 - 65,000.00 GBP Annual