There are few jobs where you can make a real difference to the 40 million consumers of financial products, the 2 million people who work in the UK Financial Services industry, and the stability of our economy as a whole.
The FCA has three objectives. It is responsible for: ensuring that markets operate with integrity; promoting effective competition; and protecting consumers of financial services.
Regulatory Tech & Advanced Analytics is driving digital innovation at the FCA. Our purpose is to change how we regulate financial services.
Our team of change experts and data scientists combine cutting-edge techniques and the latest technology to generate breakthrough insights
We believe the best approach is sometimes a new approach. We place emphasis on curiosity and experimentation. We collaborate widely with academics, innovative companies and the rest of the FCA. We believe that people need space to continue learning and the support to develop new ideas, so we commit to giving them both.
Come and join our diverse team of creative and passionate innovators.
What does this job involve?
• You will Shape and oversee the work of a small business development, pipeline management and horizon scanning function within innovation
• You will engage with senior colleagues across the FCA to understand their priorities and challenges and translate into analytics led solutions
• You will use your knowledge and creativity to implement a multifaceted ideas generation approach including: Horizon scanning for new ideas in industry, design thinking led workshop sessions, crowdsourcing ideas with our FCA Ideas lab platform, building a network of innovators across the FCA
• You are responsible for ensuring a healthy pipeline of new projects and use cases for the advanced analytics team which are effectively scoped an prioritised to understand effort required and expected business value
What will I get from the role?
• Creative Freedom: we are team that values new ideas and approaches, you will have time and support to develop new ideas and the backing to implement them
• Stimulating, innovative and experimental work to solve the biggest challenges facing financial regulation and the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the organisation
• Exposure to new ideas, opportunity to increase your knowledge and understanding of new technologies
• Exposure to a multitude of senior business stakeholders, working collaboratively with them to identify opportunities
• A dynamic and diverse team of colleagues who are passionate about their work and believe in open collaboration
• Work in the public interest which: helps to change our approach to regulation; makes us more effective at protecting 40 million UK consumers; secures long term economic growth by promoting an industry that represents 12% of UK economic output
We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme. This means that we will offer an interview to disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role. A minimum criterion needs to be measurable from reviewing a candidate's CV. Exceptions may apply if due to the volume of applications we are not able to interview all eligible candidates who qualify under the scheme.
• 5 years of experience in related roles: helping other teams to identify, scope and develop innovative solutions to their challenges
• Proven experience developing new approaches and getting organisational buy-in for them
• Demonstrable experience of using innovative problem-solving approaches such as design thinking, design sprints, crowdsourcing.
• An ability to lead, manage, coach and develop a small team
• Experience scoping projects, defining propositions or articulating business cases
• Experience applying agile methodology and techniques to deliver projects and products that meet user needs
• An interest in technology and understanding of how techniques like Analytics, Machine Learning and AI can help to transform the way organisations operate
• The ability to communicate technical concepts without the use of jargon.
• Understanding of financial services and/ or regulation
• The job family for this role is REG D1 (Technical Specialist)
• Applications close of 31st July 2021
• Salary range is 70,000.00 - 85,000.00 GBP Annual