Please Note: Location is flexible but you will be expected to work from our offices in London or Leeds when necessary.What you'll do
As DevOps Engineer within our core Architecture and Engineering team, you will provide expertise to help delivery teams adopt a true DevOps mindset, taking ownership of their applications through the full SDLC, which we firmly believe runs from project inception through live running to decommissioning. You will assist with the automation of tasks from build and deployment through monitoring and alerting.
You will participate in code reviews for the various delivery teams, to ensure we continue to produce robust delivery pipelines and maintainable code. You will help ensure teams are following best practice, automating this where possible so that the right thing to do also becomes the easiest thing to do. You will champion a devOps culture, with automation at its core, and support developers in building and maintaining pipelines. You will have accountability for SPW pushing on from our existing baseline to introduce feature branch deployments, canary releases and defining the deploy vs release approach we take.
As part of a core "SWAT" engineering team you will be involved in the initial development groundwork for in-house developed applications while teams are formed and allocated, creating pipelines with a clear path to production from the outset. You may be pulled in to help correct the course of projects or help get them over the line on occasion. You will be proactive in identifying opportunities for and means of pipeline and infrastructure code reuse.
We believe in an open and collaborative working environment, and we want you to draw upon your experience to help establish this culture across our delivery teams, whilst ensuring we apply appropriate governance to our projects.. What we're looking for
- You have a background in software engineering, in which you demonstrated an eagerness to expand your set of skills and learn new technologies.
- You can clearly articulate what DevOps and DevSecOps mean to you, and what a healthy approach is to these concepts.
- You have experience in driving devOps adoption and defining best practice, and guiding developers in adhering to these.
- You understand how and where quality can be tested in automated CI/ CD pipelines.
- You are equally attuned to the Ops aspect of devOps, and experienced in defining and delivering logging and monitoring strategies across distributed systems. You take a pro-active approach to minimising outage.
- You retain hands on engineering skills in some or all of our core technical stack: TypeScript/ Node.js/ React/ Kubernetes/ AWS. In particular, experience working with Kubernetes deployments will be valuable - we do not run our own clusters, instead relying on AWS's EKS and Fargate to provide a vendor managed cluster.
- You have a solid understanding of the opportunities of cloud computing and how to use it well.
- You have worked on public-facing systems, and understand how to build them to be secure, scalable and resilient.
- Humble: you acknowledge your strengths, and also your weaknesses; you work for more than your own personal glory.
- Curious: you follow the latest technology developments, and explore ways they can be adopted.
- Creative: you think beyond the obvious.
- Thorough: you consider the full-picture, and understand that details can matter.
- Calm: you're positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times.
Work in a way that works for you
When it comes to flexible working, we'll do our best to accommodate your needs with our flexible working policy. Please enquire in your interview.
Location is flexible but you will be expected to work from our offices in London or Leeds when necessary.
You belong here Schroders Personal Wealth is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief, socio-economic background, educational background, or age. Our ethos is to provide equal opportunities to all, and to ensure we represent the communities we serve.
What we'll give you
We offer a competitive total reward package, which means you share in the success you help create.
- Market leading defined contribution pension scheme.
- An additional 4% of your annual salary in a Flexible benefits package that you can select and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction or take as cash.
- 25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays.
- Incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and your contribution to it
Schroders Personal Wealth combines Lloyds Banking Group's significant customer base, multi-channel distribution and digital capabilities with Schroders' investment and wealth management expertise and technology capabilities.
Our focus is on the personal relationship we develop with our customers, underpinned by our multi-channel customer reach and our global investment expertise. Our aim is to become a top UK financial planning business within five years.
Does this sound like a role that you'd like to know more about? If like us, you're more motivated by customers than by targets, and you'd thrive in a culture that is values and client led - come and talk to us.