Location is flexible but you will be expected to work from our offices in London or Leeds when necessary.What you'll do
As Solution Architect within our core Architecture and Engineering team, you will provide architecture consultancy across all our delivery projects, from the integration of new SAAS solutions to in-house built solutions. In doing this, you will ensure alignment with our core architectural principles to ensure we continue to build a robust architecture that focuses on avoiding undue complexity and over-coupling, and supports us in our goal of becoming a truly data driven organisation.
You will participate in code reviews for the various delivery teams, to ensure the architectural direction set out at the start of a project is maintained throughout delivery, and you will ensure that architectural decisions are documented in an appropriate, but still lightweight, manner. In particular, we encourage the inclusion of ADRs within our code bases for this purpose. You will work collaboratively with the software engineering and devOps teams to build operationally robust and secure systems, with low cost of ongoing change, and high levels of automation in build and deploy.
As part of a core "SWAT" engineering team you will be involved in the initial solution design for in-house developed applications, and in laying the groundwork for new projects while teams are formed and allocated. You may be pulled in to help correct the course of projects or help get them over the line on occasion. You will be proactive in identifying opportunities for and means of code reuse (whether that is functional code, infrastructure as code, or other pieces of code).
We believe in an open and collaborative working environment, and we want you to draw upon your experience to help establish this culture across our delivery teams, whilst ensuring we apply appropriate governance to our projects.. What we're looking for
- You come from a background in software engineering, in which you demonstrated an eagerness to expand your set of skills and learn new technologies.
- You retain hands on engineering skills and are happy rolling up your sleeves on occasion. Our core technical stack is TypeScript/ Node.js/ React/ Kubernetes/ AWS, but a willingness to learn is as important as previous experience in any or all of these.
- You have a solid understanding of the opportunities of cloud computing and how to use it well.
- You understand the many aspects of "data" and appreciate its value to an organisation like SPW.
- You have worked on public-facing systems, and understand how to build them to be secure, scalable and resilient.
- Humble: you acknowledge your strengths, and also your weaknesses; you work for more than your own personal glory.
- Curious: you follow the latest technology developments, and explore ways they can be adopted.
- Creative: you think beyond the obvious.
- Thorough: you consider the full-picture, and understand that details can matter.
- Calm: you're positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times.
Work in a way that works for you
When it comes to flexible working, we'll do our best to accommodate your needs with our flexible working policy. Please enquire in your interview.
Location is flexible but you will be expected to work from our offices in London or Leeds when necessary.
You belong here Schroders Personal Wealth is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief, socio-economic background, educational background, or age. Our ethos is to provide equal opportunities to all, and to ensure we represent the communities we serve.
What we'll give you
We offer a competitive total reward package, which means you share in the success you help create.
- Market leading defined contribution pension scheme.
- An additional 4% of your annual salary in a Flexible benefits package that you can select and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction or take as cash.
- 25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays.
- Incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and your contribution to it
Schroders Personal Wealth combines Lloyds Banking Group's significant customer base, multi-channel distribution and digital capabilities with Schroders' investment and wealth management expertise and technology capabilities.
Our focus is on the personal relationship we develop with our customers, underpinned by our multi-channel customer reach and our global investment expertise. Our aim is to become a top UK financial planning business within five years.
Does this sound like a role that you'd like to know more about? If like us, you're more motivated by customers than by targets, and you'd thrive in a culture that is values and client led - come and talk to us.