AWE is currently recruiting for Chemical Process Engineers within our Manufacturing Engineering division.
These are fantastic opportunities to show case your technical ability whilst enjoying the benefits of a having every other Friday off!
Location: Reading/Basingstoke area
Salary: £33,850 - £47,500 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offer an attractive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time.
We design and manufacture a wide range of products, materials and tools to support our mission. Our operations include precision component manufacture, fabrication, explosive formulation, fissile material production, rubbers and plastic and warhead assembly & disassembly.
We are currently recruiting multiple vacancies within the manufacturing engineering function for Chemical Process Engineers within our high hazard technology centres (explosives and nuclear). The role will involve interfacing with the Technical Authority's and Design Authority's, giving direction to the maintenance and operations teams on the key operating parameters and conditions for process equipment.
As a Chemical Process Engineering you will be required to:
- Gain an understanding of the critical product features
- Review the PFMEAs for chemical processes to ensure process and material risks are understood and control measures in place
- Develop a clear understanding of the cause and effect associated with the chemical processes and implement controls to ensure processes are repeatable and produce compliant output
- Assist in the technical training of front-line workers to ensure a shared understanding of critical process controls and operating parameters
Ideally candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Chemical engineering qualification or relevant work experience
- Ability to use data/statistical analysis software
- A basic understanding of Statistical Process Control
- A basic understanding of Design of Experiment (eg; Taguchi)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able work in the appropriate designated areas.