We are recruiting for a key position within anaward-winning VC backedwell-fundedBristol based technology start-up. The successful candidate will be responsible for financial control and reporting in a rapidly growing technology business. They will play a key role in the success of an innovative carbon fibre OEM that will have significant impact in pushing forward both the performance and green credentials of many industries such as automotive, aerospace, and renewable energy.
iCOMAT aim to provide our customers with an end-to-end solution to enable them to carry out advanced manufacturing of carbon fibre parts. iCOMAT is developing hardware and software to enable the commercialisation of its Rapid Tape Shearing (RTS) fibre steering technology to supply fast, reliable, and repeatable 2D and 3D tape laying capability.
We are looking for a Financial Controller who can update our company financial policies and develop new financial policies to help meet or exceed corporate goals. The successful candidate will collaborate with the executive team to determine more effective ways to handle corporate funding, tax issues and growth financing. If you have a strong background in corporate financial management and a strong desire to become a part of a dynamic team, you may be the perfect person to fill this position. Responsibilities and Duties
Qualifications, Experience, and skills
- Preparing financial reports such as weekly cashflow, monthly management accounts, budget reports
- HR and payroll
- Monitoring internal controls and analysing financial data
- Overseeing and preparing income statements
- Participating in budgeting processes
- Managing financial transactions
- Streamlining accounting functions and operations
- Coordinating audit processes, contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary.
- IUK/Horizon 20/20 project claims and financial management
- Purchasing management, invoicing, validation
- Complete monthly VAT returns
- Produce the Company R&D tax credit reports and reconcile back to management accounts
- Valid ACCA or CIMA
- 5+ years' experience in a managerial accounting position
- Strong understanding of working with government funded projects
- Experience of working in a rapidly growing OEM is highly beneficial
- Proficiency with accounting software required (XERO/FLOAT)
Full time position, salary depending on experience. Possibility of working reduced days/hours if needed Ways of working
Work will be done at iCOMAT headquarters in Bristol, some work from home may be possible. All applicants must be UK based How to Apply
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to Mr Richard Hardy. Applications close 30th June 2021 with interviews to be conducted during July 2021