*Please only apply for this position if you have at least 2 years experience in a similar role*
We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join the team here at Arch. This role will report to the Assistant Regional Financial Controller within the Finance Department. Maintenance of cash allocations, management of online bank payments system. Bank reconciliations, maintenance of the broker ledgers and management of online bank payments systems. Your role will contribute to the overall success of the Finance Department in achieving its objectives as part of overall Company Strategy.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Delivery of corporate and service company monthly bank reconciliations and cash allocation
• Daily and weekly cash movement recording for corporate entities.
• Use of online banking system; liaison with banks for daily operations.
• Use of various service company underwriting systems.
• SLA delivery in accordance with a set timetable and Group deadlines.
General Duties and Tasks
• Daily cash posting.
• Daily/monthly bank reconciliations.
• Regular review and investigation of unallocated cash.
• Resolving queries with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Ad hoc duties when required.
Skills / Competencies
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others both internally and externally.
• Ability to successfully work as part of a team.
• Enthusiasm and commitment. A can-do attitude.
• Organized and committed to achieving objectives.
• A qualified/Part qualified accountant desirable but not essential.
• Good computer literacy- Excel, general ledger.
• Knowledge of the insurance market desirable but not essential.
• Risk awareness within the financial reporting context.
• A strong work ethic and ability to work autonomously while effectively managing expectations.
• Outstanding intellect, interpersonal skills and self-confidence.
• Experience of working within a finance team/insurance and/or reinsurance organization or public accounting firm.
• A strong desire to add value and succeed as a member of the Internal finance team.
• Highly effective interpersonal & communication skills with the ability to function in a team environment.
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, Australia and South Africa, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.