Zenith Bank (UK) Limited (ZUK) is a subsidiary of Zenith Bank PLC, one of the top banks in Nigeria. The bank was set up with a clear strategy to leverage trade and investment flows between Nigeria and Europe, by providing intermediary banking services and facilities for trade-related working capital and capital expenditure.
Zenith Bank recognizes the importance of leveraging a highly skilled workforce to achieve its strategic and operational goals. The bank is committed to providing an environment that is conducive for effective performance by availing all staff the necessary learning opportunity. We value the well-being of our staff and we encourage them to strike a balance between their work and personal lives, thereby creating a healthy atmosphere for personal development and career success.
With the introduction of new services here in the UK and our unparalleled knowledge of business with Africa, our 5 year strategy ensures "Controlled Growth" as we aim to become the Bank of choice for businesses wishing to transact in the African continent.Role Responsibilities:
- Production of monthly CEO Performance and Monthly Performance Review (MPR) reports.
- Preparation of Management Information (MI), as required (daily, weekly, monthly, annual).
- Ownership of weekly Business/Revenue Assurance reporting (incl. monitoring of interest accruals).
- Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process for all deliverables falling within the purview.
- Perform Cost of Funds analysis and computations by liaising with Treasury department - to be communicated bank-wide.
- Daily Reporting (Daily Downloads, Bond Portfolio, FX Reconciliation, Siena/T24 Reconciliation etc.).
- Assist with all pre- and post- month end processes and provide variance analyses reports for Line Manager(s)' review and sign-off.
- Purchase ledger control and expense management.
- Ownership of Accruals & Provisions schedules and Fixed Assets Register (FAR) on a monthly basis.
- Assist with preparation of all Tax related submissions to HMRC.
- Assist with preparation of Head Office reporting packs on a quarterly and bi-annual basis.
- Aid with planning, testing and implementation of Finance related projects for continuous improvement of systems and processes.
- Assist CFO and Senior Manager with ad-hoc projects.
- Providing cover for other functions within Finance department.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, as required.
- Maintain checks and controls on T24 (Core Banking System).
- Keep up to date with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and communicating their impact.
- Develop and maintain courteous and professional relationships with other departments within the Bank.
- Undertake any other tasks as may be delegated from time to time.
- Complying with the FCA/PRA's Individual Conduct Rules, as outlined below.
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualification and strong technical accounting knowledge.
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in a relevant Accounts/Finance role.
- Knowledge and experience of working with T24 (Core Banking System) - highly preferred.
- Responsive and flexible with a positive work ethic.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as within a team structure.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail, and analytical and reporting skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - listening and writing.
- Strong IT skills - Highly proficient in using MS Office (especially MS Excel, MS PowerPoint).
- Ability to work under pressure and under deadline driven conditions, as and when required.
- Fast learner with good problem-solving skills.
- Highly organised and methodical approach.
- Ability to challenge and influence.