This role will sit within a newly created FP&A Shared Service Centre which has been created to deliver standardisation, consolidation and better efficiency of global processes across all UK businesses.
The role will focus on supporting a number of senior stakeholders within the B2B business with budgeting and forecasting, and business partnering on all commercial aspects of finance. The successful candidate is expected to take a proactive role in transforming the UK shared service centre into a centre of excellence.Key elements of the role include:
- Provide a full month end actual, budgeting and forecasting service for the relevant portfolio and prepare final numbers for month end.
- Fully engaged to work with the rest of the finance team, providing business partnering, accounting advice and support as appropriate.
- Assist the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis with any additional work required in the UK SSC Finance function or elsewhere in the UK SSC finance function.
- Drive adoption and development of standardised accounting processes with the UK SSC, taking best practice and copying with pride.
- To develop a positive "can do" attitude in the team in order to develop the financial support to the business.
Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) with a broad range of communication skills, the ability to interface effectively with senior organisational decision makers and within the team. A candidate who looks for continual improvement and is able to demonstrate a track record of process improvement and challenging existing ways of working. A positive and organised approach and deadline orientated. Experience on appropriate accounting software packages (experience of Hyperion an advantage) with excellent Excel skills. Ability to multi task effectively with a range of tasks and priorities.