MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
* To provide support to the PBS Manager based in the South West (Devon specifically) region
* To become an active part of the PBS, link and multiagency teams
* To deliver evidenced based outcomes and resources for the people we support and their teams
MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
1. Participate in regular Management, Supervision, Appraisal, Support and Development sessions with your Line Manager
2. Maintain and encourage good working relationships with managers, sponsoring authorities, staff, other professionals and families.
3. To ensure that any resource requirements/implications are discussed and agreed
4. To be able to work autonomously and manage own caseload
5. To identify and lead on own projects
* To ensure that high standards of professional care for all service users are adopted and maintained by ensuring the behavioural support practices deliver best practice guidelines and achieve organisational and individual service user objectives.
Assessment and Intervention
1. To undertake with supervision individualised functional assessment, Risk Assessments, integrated assessments and reports
2. Collation and analysis of data
3. To support the implementation of a range of multicomponent interventions with an aim to achieve a reduction of challenging behaviours whilst providing opportunities to acquire skills and maximise quality of life gains.
4. To assist teams to implement agreed PBSP and Reducing restrictive practice strategies via direct and indirect support.
5. To work directly with people who present with challenging behaviour.
1. Monitor the implementation of PBSP and RRP plans and to review their effectiveness.
2. Liaise with relevant parties as required in relation to any changes that may be required to plans and interventions
3. Contribute to the ongoing review process for people including attending MDT, service user reviews, CPA and other relevant meetings as required.
4. Minute and note taking of complex meetings
1. To actively promote and ensure Adult and Child safeguarding best practice in all of our services
2. Participate in the assessment of prospective new service users, contributing to service needs assessments, transition plans and interim behaviour support plans.
1. Comply with and ensure compliance with company Policies & Procedures
2. To be familiar with all relevant guidance, policies and legislation
3. Participate in your own personal development training associated with the work (including CPD courses, Active Support Training, Positive Behavioural Support Training and to undertake any training as required by the post).
4. To Maintain confidentiality in relation to company, and personal information in line with the data protection act 1998, and GDPR
5. Ensure the individuality, dignity, independence, self-esteem, safety and privacy of each service user is maximised wherever possible