Job role: Business Development Referrals and Assessment Manager
Location: Central region - this role involves extensive travelling so the successful applicant will have a full UK driving licence, travel expenses will be paid. South East, London and Home Counties
Salary: £35,000 - 40,000 per annum + company car
Hours of work: 9 am - 5 pm Monday to Friday, although some evening and weekend work maybe necessary, based on the needs of the business
Primarily to identify develop; bring to market and commission new projects ready for operational success.
In addition, you will also be responsible for the referrals & assessments activity for the core bed fill for the Services located in the Central region. To ensure that all new business opportunities are maximized. To project plan new projects, mobilise and coordinate delivery of all on-boarding activity for new placements into new schemes, which will include the recruitment and induction of suitable staff into the service; delivering to the funding agreement specification, on time. Providing a high quality seamless transition for the service user, and keeping all stakeholders engaged throughout the process until official handover to Operational colleagues.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* To prepare inter departmental project plans and coordinate project planning meetings in accordance with scheduled timeframes and deadlines for new projects.
* To be the focal point for all referrals and assessment activity for designated projects and core beds and ensure of their timely follow up.
* To support managers with assessments and completion of service documentation.
* To liaise with care managers, family members and other external professionals to secure appropriate placements of new clients, ensuring that their individual needs are met.
* To arrange and accompany visits by care workers, families and clients to services in the region.
* Together with Operational and resourcing colleagues identify and coordinate recruitment initiatives to ensure a steady flow of suitable candidates in anticipation of project start dates.
* To coordinate recruitment and training activity through liaison with the Resourcing Business Partner, Learning and Development and Service Managers to ensure that designated projects are suitably staffed from the outset.
* To liaise with the Service Managers and property support functions to ensure the room/property is available to the agreed specification, furnished and ready on time.
* Coordinate all recommended service specifications such as assistive technology or identified service user requirements.
* To ensure new services are handed over to operations in accordance with new service handover agreement documentation.
* To coordinate all communication with identified Registered Housing provider (RP)
* To support with identifying and proposing realistic new business or services across the region.
* To assist with the timely compilation of statistics, reports and management information.
* To work with and provide feedback and support to operational and support functions on continuous improvement opportunities.
* To assist with the completion of new business tenders, including liaison with internal departments to obtain the required information
* To Market core voids and New Projects.
* To assist the Head of Business Development Manager in arranging and running promotional activities and events, including the launch of new services and homes within the region and representing the Company, when required, at regional and national events to publicise the organisation, e.g. exhibitions, trade shows, conferences
* Any other duties requested from time to time, as might reasonably be required, commensurate with the role.
A relevant professional background in Health & Social Care.
A project management qualification, or willingness to undergo training for this.
Direct experience of working with and influencing at all levels within funding authorities
Direct experience of carrying out detailed assessment of needs and presenting solutions for individuals and funders.
Demonstrable experience of project planning multiple concurrent placements, delivering on time and to specification.
Experience of setting up new support services.
Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels
Excellent communication and influencing skills
Able to manage relationships with tact and diplomacy
Highly organized with excellent prioritization skills
Able to produce and respond to detailed written and oral communication in an office setting
Able to use standard applications to process, obtain and combine information e.g. Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, mail merge, and databases.
Highly developed problem solving approach.
Creative, innovative and solutions focused
To find out more about this exciting opportunity please apply today with your CV attached