KS3 Primary Teacher - Southwark
Start Date - Immediate
Salary: £140 - £180
Contract Type - Permanent
Location - London
GSL Education are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic, and highly skilled teacher who has taught in KS3 recently for a London based high-achieving Primary School located in Southwark.
The school is a happy and exciting learning community that nurtures all students to achieve to their highest potential. The KS3 class is pupils in year 7 and 8. 8 pupils in the class all with autism and moderate learning difficulties. There are three teaching assistants in the class. They welcome staff and families from a range of social and ethnic backgrounds and they celebrate their diversity.
We are looking for someone who:
• is a qualified Primary Teacher (ideally with PGCE, GTP, B.Ed. Cert Ed, BA with QTS)
• has ample experience working with KS3 pupils
• knows the curriculum well, including the assessment frameworks
• demonstrate consistently high-quality teaching and hold high expectations for behaviour and achievement
• has the ability to plan, prepare and deliver the curriculum as relevant to Year 6 pupils
• demonstrates excellent management, interpersonal and organisational skills
• preparing and delivering interventions with SATS in mind
• is available by September in preparation for the next academic year (if not sooner)
• holds a full and valid DBS registered with the update service, or be prepared to apply for a new one
• is able to provide references (Work or University based) covering the last two years
The school offers:
• Strong training programme
• Highly motivated and trained support staff
• A welcoming and vibrant environment
• Excellent career development opportunities
Interviews and trials are taking place right now, with a view to commencing as soon as possible.
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to the relevant checks and procedures.
To apply for the role please send CV to Hinal Patel