Apprentice Plant Fitter
Location: Glasgow, G32 8XT
Salary: Attractive rates of pay
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
We are and one of Scotland's largest privately-owned civil engineering contractors and we are recruiting.
Apprentice Plant Fitter - the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Plant Fitter to join our team.
As our Apprentice Plant Fitter, you will learn how to service and repair our own fleet of machines and equipment, including replacing parts.
In addition to this you will learn to:
* Undertake repairs to fleet including diggers, dumpers, small tools and plant
* Carry out hydraulic repairs
* Service and maintain plant as defined from the operation and maintenance manuals
* Identify defective or worn components and equipment, repair and replace as required
* Use a wide range of hand tools and engineering techniques to maintain, replace and repair mechanical plant and equipment to a high standard
* Maintain a safe work environment by complying with site and company policies and procedures
Apprentice Plant Fitter - what we need from you:
We are always on the lookout for high quality individuals who are keen to learn and progress within the transport industry.
In order to be considered for this role you will:
* Have gained a minimum of two GCSEs including Maths and English
* Display excellent problem-solving skills
* Have the ability to use your own initiative
* Be determined and goal-oriented
* Have some knowledge of engineering science and technology
* Be IT-literate
* Have excellent communication skills
It would be great if you had:
* Previous work experience in a similar setting
* Previous experience of driving plant machinery
* Knowledge of motor vehicle engineering
* A full driving licence
We are a Living Wage and Equal Opportunities employer.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and don't want to miss this excellent opportunity then click on APPLY today, forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please