Do you have experience of working in a school office in an administrative capacity? Could you help to achieve a school's mission to improve results through increasing and monitoring attendance? Are you a whizz on the SIMS attendance section? Then we have the job for you!
We are currently recruiting for a School Attendance Officer to work term-time only, from 8.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday, at a school in Sefton Local Authority. With a working knowledge of the School Information Management System (SIMS), candidates MUST have previous experience of working in an educational establishment, as you will be expected to hit the ground running and deliver a high standard of work in a fast-paced environment. Post will start in September 2021.
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
- a team of dedicated, professional and friendly specialist School Support Services consultants and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free training
- 'recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
- access to Randstad's benefits package including discounts on holidays and high street stores
- the flexibility to work when and where you want through our network of branches
- a welcoming school environment with on-site parking and excellent facilities
- being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Candidate of the Term'
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a committed team with an excellent reputation. Responsibilities could include:
- Establishing reasons for pupil absence on a daily basis, inputting registration data onto the school SIMS system
- Handling face to face and telephone conversations with pupils, parents and external agencies relating to attendance matters
- Managing the pass system for pupils leaving school for appointments
- Reporting to the senior leadership team with analysis of attendance data and results to targets
- Ensuring school compliance with statutory requirements
- Photocopying, post, filing and general administrative support within the school office
NB This role is office-based and does not involve leaving school premises to visit pupils or parents in their home environment
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Excellent administrative and ICT skills, including attention to detail on data entry work, and the ability to multi-task
- Previous experience of working in a school environment
- SIMS experience (particularly the attendance module) gained from working in a school, voluntarily or paid, as well as experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Effective communication skills, particularly a good written standard of English
- The ability to work with high levels of tact, confidentiality and discretion
- A patient approach towards working with children and adults alike
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools which may be a better match.
If your application is deemed suitable for this position a telephone interview will be offered immediately, instead of the normal face to face meeting, to observe current social distancing measures. All candidates will be required to undergo child protection and UK eligibility checks, and be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all applicants to share this commitment. You will also be expected to undertake mandatory Covid Awareness training before being able to start.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Heidi McGreary, your specialist School Support Services consultant, via email on (url removed) or at the office number on (phone number removed). Don't delay, this job has your name on it