You will like
Working as a Senior Energy Consultant for one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment.
Their expert staff design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. Safety and sustainability are embedded in everything they do and they have a highly inclusive culture and encourage diversity.
Being part of this fantastic organisation will enable you to be involved with a range of challenging and complex projects that will rapidly develop your career and experience.
You will like
The Senior Energy Consultant job, where, to support our growth in Energy, we have a new opportunity for a hardworking Principal/Senior Energy Consultants to join the team in Manchester or Sheffield.
You will design, consult and take the lead on a wide variety of complex and ambitious decarbonising energy projects including energy distribution, district heating/cooling, renewable energy (biomass, wind and photovoltaic) and emergent technologies (hydrogen, CCUS, large scale storage) for a range of clients including national, regional and local government, energy developers, education establishments, industry and hospitals. Our projects strive for innovation and quality employing conventional, renewable and emerging technologies as appropriate for our clients. Recent projects include biomass (combined heat and power) CHP projects, energy recovery facilities, gas CHP plants for horticulture involving the capture of CO2, energy market reserves and university/hospital campuses, battery storage, and heat networks.
* Management and commercial performance of projects
* Contribution to management and performance of the team
* Initiating and developing the concept design and delivery of decarbonising energy projects including district heating, biomass, CHP, battery storage, on-site power generation, hydrogen, CCUS and distribution systems, including selection and sizing of plant, developing designs and scheme layouts, costing of solutions and quantifying performance
* Advising on electricity supply procurement, which requires a working knowledge of procurement methods and private wire schemes
* Identifying and assessing funding options for energy projects and investments
* Developing business cases for decarbonising energy investments from initial concept through to financial close, electricity procurement options, private wire schemes and the design of energy schemes and systems, including development of design drawings, technical specifications and invitation to tender packages
* Evaluation of tender returns (technical and commercial) from contractors to identify value for money
* Integration of thermal and electrical energy generation and distribution infrastructure into building developments
* Working with investors and developers of energy schemes and infrastructure investments to get projects to financial close
* Commercial evaluation and appraisal of a variety of energy systems and schemes
* Financial and technical analysis of energy projects to maximize value for clients
* Sampling of site works during construction, testing and commissioning
* Monitoring the quality of construction in-line with technical specifications, employer's requirements and industry standards
* Sampling of site works in-line with project programme
* Evaluating the performance and operation of energy schemes
* Surveying and evaluating existing buildings and energy systems and schemes
* Producing high quality reports and presentations in clear English
* Handling the production of drawings, reports and specifications
* Supervising and coordinating the work of others and coordinating work with engineers of other subject areas
You will have
To be successful as a Senior Energy Consultant, you will need the following:
* Ability to connect with a wide range of colleagues, clients and collaborators
* Previous experience of working in a consulting environment, preferably in multi-disciplinary teams
* Full Member and Chartered Engineer status via an appropriate professional institution, such as the Institution of Engineering and Technology, the Energy Institute, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, or the Chartered Institution of Building Service Engineers
* Qualitative and quantitative analysis of energy data and trends
* Leading technical consulting projects including, energy infrastructure feasibility studies and portfolio or area energy strategies
* Energy decarbonisation masterplanning at an estate, city, regional and national scale
* Advising public and private sector clients on options, risks and appropriate actions to make choices and mitigate risks
* Researching innovative low carbon energy systems and other topics related to energy, cities, resilience and climate change
* Exceptional planning, organisational and time management skills
* Ability to optimally delegate work, manage staff and mentor junior engineers
* Strong commercial awareness, together with an interest in economics, as well as engineering
You will get
As a Senior Energy Consultant, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £50K - £55K + according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm's financial performance.
You can apply
To Senior Energy Consultant by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to (url removed)