This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading engineering business during a period of continued growth in the energy sector on a major energy infrastructure project.
Role & Responsibilities
This is a site-based role.
As part of the Project Management and Project Controls team your responsibilities are:
* Co-ordinating and facilitating risk and opportunity management responsibilities at programme level, including identification, assessment of schedule and cost impact, management and development reviews, escalation and close out.
* Making risk and opportunity management recommendations to managers/Directors, managing the completion of responses to deliver target positions which are measurable and specific.
* Analysing risks and opportunities to identify their impact and likelihood pre and post risk management treatment.
* Maintain programme/project risk using necessary software.
* Understanding and using risk management software.
* Understanding and using risk and opportunity management frameworks and methodologies.
* Using project control methodologies and processes for programme and project management.
* Production of monthly reports.
* Estimating, scheduling and cost management.
* Maintenance of an understanding of all current codes of practice.
* Participating in technical communities to support the development of other staff.
Key Skills & Knowledge
* Minimum of HND in Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surveying or another related subject.
* Degree in Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surverying or another related field.
* Risk, Opportunity, Trend and Change management qualifications e.g. CIRM, APM.
* Chartership status through a recognised international body.
* Risk, Opportunities, Trend and Change .
* Relevant Risk, Opportunity, Trend and Change management software e.g. ARM (Risk, Opportunity and Trends), EcoSys (Changes), @risk (QCRA), Safran (QSRA).
* Knowledge of French (written and verbal) a distinct advantage.
* Nuclear Safety Culture.
* Experience in undertaking quantitative cost and schedule risk analysis and presentation of risk data.
* Use of risk management and trend management software such as ARM, Safran, @risk and Ecosystem.
* Operation and management of an Risk and Opportunity Management Framework.
* Experience of projects in high hazard industries including Nuclear, Energy, Rail, Oil & Gas and Aviation.
* Experience with on-site design support and major (£50m+) projects.
* Understanding various contract types e.g. the NEC suite and FIDIC.
* Excellent salary and package available (exact salary dependent on experience).
* Our client offers excellent career progression opportunities and will also provide support to wanting to gain Chartered status.
* Relocation assistance for the right candidate.
Contact Mike Duncan for more details on the contact details below