SEMH Teaching Assistants
Start: September 2021
Pay: £70 - £85 a day
GSL Education are currently working with a fantastic SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) School in Worcestershire. The school cater for children and young people with SEMH and Challenging Behaviour.
The school is expanding quickly and are looking for Full-Time Permanent Staffing.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
· Supporting the class teacher with planning, monitoring and delivering creative lessons
· Acting as a positive role model and managing behaviour
· Ensuring a safe learning environment and approaching education with a child centered approach.
· Support pupils to make good academic progress, under the direction of the teacher
· Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence
· Under the direction of a teacher implement group or 1:1 interventions to support pupils who have emotional or social barriers to learning
· Establish constructive relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
· Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
· Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
· Understand Individual Education Plans & Behaviour Support Plans and assist to implement these, under the guidance of the teacher
The ideal candidate will have:
· A hard-working, energetic and flexible nature
· Clear communication skills
· A calm, understanding and consistent approach to working with children
· Knowledge of Autism, SEMH, ADHD and Challenging Behaviour
· Ideally Team Teach trained
Experienced TAs/LSAs, support workers, security/ children's secure provision practitioners, ex prison service officers, as well as sports coaches will be considered for this role.
For further information on this role/schools, please do not hesitate to contact Gugs on (phone number removed) or email your CV to (url removed)