Our client who are a highly successful Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) practice, who's clients range from SMEs through to international, multi-site quoted companies with upwards of 5000 employees, are looking to recruit an experienced Paraplanner for their Finchley office based in North London.
The role of a Paraplanner is to support one or more Financial Adviser/s with the advice process in a compliant and efficient manner. This involves:
* Managing tasks and the advice process on X-Plan.
Conducting regular meetings with the Adviser in order to:-
* manage new business leads;
* keep abreast of the Adviser's(s) new business pipeline, their targets and how they are doing against targets;
* receive and manage client meeting notes.
Undertaking research into the various different financial wrappers that can be held by a client; understanding which products are suitable for which clients and also the advantages and disadvantages of each product.
Writing client suitability reports using the company's preferred report writing software in the following areas:-
* new pensions;
* pension switches;
* self-invested personal pensions;
* retirement options;
* investments, including ISAs, investment bonds, OEICs, structured products.
Keeping abreast of current pension and tax legislation and being able to apply this to client scenarios to meet objectives and ensure best advice is given.
Understanding and suitably applying the company's investment process and various investment offerings to meet a client's attitude to risk, personal circumstances and financial objectives.
Understanding and using the company's software to support the advice process, including:-
* Dynamic Planner
Develop a working knowledge of insurance providers websites/online client platforms to assist with:-
* printing the correct documentation to support business sign ups;
* performing online fund switches;
* managing client data.
Working with the Adviser(s) to prepare for client meetings and assisting with regular client reviews (the review process).
Supporting the Adviser(s), as and when appropriate, in building cashflow models to assist the client in overseeing their financial position and forecast future financial scenarios.
Managing fund switches on client pensions and investments. Communicating with clients and ensuring they are invested in line with their risk profile and placing fund switches.
Communicating with clients, assessing any tax implications and placing withdrawals. Dealing with withdrawals from pensions and investments in general.
Preparing new business cases for Compliance sign-off.
Working with the Compliance and Operational Support departments to ensure the successful submission and completion of new business applications.
Building relationships with clients both over the telephone and via email.
Attending client meetings with the Adviser, if required.
* 20 days holiday and one day extra each year from year five, until you reach a maximum of 25 days.
* Office closure between Christmas and New Year
* Pension contribution equal to minimum statutory amount.
* Income Protection, from commencement of role.
* Death in Service Plan from commencement of role.
* Cash Plan (to assist with dental, optical, physio) etc - from commencement of role.
* Sponsorship for one attempt at professional qualifications (on approval).
* Free annual flu vaccination, administered in the office.
* Monthly company wide social events.
* Breakfast and fruit supplies