This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading engineering business during a period of continued growth in the energy sector. The role will be site based.
Role & Responsibilities
* Setting up the project controls capability for a major project; including processes, procedures and systems.
* Delivering project controls services - integrating cost, schedule, risk, change, estimating and reporting
* Defining business requirements and business case for systems selection and deployment on major programmes.
* Must have experience in applying budgeting and cost control techniques within a complex environment.
* Develop detailed cost estimate project plans and forecasts.
* Report on Earned Value metrics and provide detailed analysis.
* Deliver a quality monitoring and control service that assures that the current phase of work will be delivered within cost and schedule.
* Liaise with the project Planner to enable the project Schedule to be cost loaded.
* Experience can cover any combination of Nuclear, Oil & Gas, and Renewable Energy.
* Identifying opportunities to improve the value and quality being delivered from project controls.
* Provide expert advice including daily, weekly or monthly cost updates.
* Provide cost data input to monthly project report.
* Presentation of reports/issues at management meetings.
* Production of reports informing management of significant impacts and their effect on progress and completion.
Key Skills & Knowledge
* Project management tools and techniques.
* Planning software e.g. Primavera P6, MS Project.
* Cost Software e.g. SAP.
* Risk Software e.g ARM (Risk, Opportunity and Trends), EcoSys (Changes), @risk (QCRA), Safran (QSRA).
* Nuclear Safety Culture.
* Minimum HND in relevant field, though a degree would be an advantage.
* Project management/project controls qualifications e.g. APM
* Chartered status desirable.
Excellent career opportunities
For more information contact Michael Duncan on the contact details below