This is a 13 month apprenticeship for those new to the role of working as a Lifeguard and is made up of the [Leisure Team Member Apprenticeship Standard](https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/leisure-team-member-v1-0) that includes the following qualifications:
* STA Lifeguard & First Aid Qualification
* STA Award in Swim Teaching
* STA Certificate in Swim Teaching
* AIQ Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing
Please note it is a mandatory requirement to undertake all of the above qualifications as part of the apprenticeship.
*If you already hold any of the above qualifications then unfortunately you are not eligible to apply for the Lifeguard Apprenticeship position*.
As part of the application process you will be required to undertake and pass a Swim Standard Test that includes:
* Enter and climb out of the pool unaided without the use of steps
* Swim continuous 200m with 100m with a front stroke - 100m completed with a backstroke
* Complete a 50m swim in 60 seconds using a front stroke that is timed by your SLM, OM or GM
* Submerse and touch the bottom of the deepest part of the pool (feet first touch is not acceptable).
* Please note for Pools with depths beyond 1.5, a "depth test" must also be undertaken to recover an "approved submersible manikin" and that the staff member is successful "on the first attempt"
The apprenticeship will be delivered internally by the People Team and you will be required to attend regular workshops and complete set work/evidence gathering throughout the apprenticeship.
If you wish to apply please submit your application with clear details of all academic and industry qualifications attained and we will be in touch with regards to next steps which will include the Swim Test and an interview/assessment process.