Founded in 2011, the Livingstone Group is a private equity backed, global powerhouse helping clients to optimise their IT software solutions and cloud portfolios to minimise risk and maximise their spend.
The business employs around 150 great people and has offices in the UK, US and The Netherlands providing the intelligence global clients use to govern their digital transformation journeys, including many Fortune 500 organisations.
Our Software Development Department is at the heart of our growing organisation ensuring that we deliver a seamless, efficient and effective service to the global businesses we work with, managing all their IT and Software Assets.
We have a new opportunity for a Senior Software Developer
to join our growing team. Playing an active part in the success of Livingstone Group, the Senior Software Developer
will report to the Development Manager and will be highly motivated to take ownership and have pride in the development of entire applications and large areas of functionality across many applications within the Development team. The role can be based anywhere in the UK as we offer a Remote and Flexible Working Policy. However, if you prefer to be office based you should be commutable to our HO in Reading, or our offices in Shoreditch or York.
- Key member of the team delivering quality software development and integration projects
- Working closely with partners and clients to deliver software projects
- Working closely with infrastructure IT and the product owner to ensure that specifications are understood and developed in a cost-effective and fast manner
- Seek new technologies, frameworks and methods from a software dev that will drive the development function forward and add value.
- Be a key member of the Agile development team and take responsibility for delivering real value to the business
- Constantly be looking at how to enhance the process to improve the SDLC
- Personal impact - key role and contribution will make a measurable impact on the business to deliver a quality service to our customers
- Senior Team member - mentor and help your team members to develop their skills and abilities as well as willing to share your knowledge
- Gained a University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline with extensive experience in software development
- Should have Test Driven Development, development of SaaS and cloud based applications and be familiar with source code management and application lifecycle management tools, preferably Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of information capture techniques - the selection and application of information gathering methods, tools and techniques.
- Good understanding of the SOLID principles and familiarity with IT process standards and agile methodologies: Scrum; Kanban, ITIL is desirable
- Ideally asset management or data driven applications development from a commercial perspective.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to talk to users, explain technical concepts in a non-technical way and be able to understand the user's needs and convert this into software.
- Self starter with the ability to mentor and share knowledge with fellow developers Based anywhere in the UK, USA or The Netherlands
The leading independent, global provider of Software and Cloud Portfolio Management and Optimization services. If the Livingstone Way people first culture with our values We Commit, We Collaborate, We Inspire and We Innovate, resonates with you, drop us a line to apply with your CV, current salary and notice period.
Senior Software Developer | Software | Developer | Software Development | Applications | Ownership | Functionality | Software Projects | Microsoft stack |
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93716030