Polar Recruitment are currently recruiting on behalf of a prestigious international IT client for a Monitoring Specialist to join a small team providing support, configuration, design & enhancement for the Infrastructure Monitoring platform to support both internal and external customer requirements.Monitoring Specialist Responsibilities:
Monitoring Specialist Skills & Experience:
- Produce high quality documentation to support technical requirements and support activities
- Define/Implement technical standards & procedures
- Define, document and implement technical solutions for systems enhancements and integration/configuration of customers on to the platform.
- Provide training/guidance to the Tooling team and delivery peers
- Analyse, document and resolve complex faults across the Tooling function, liaising with suppliers if required.
- Proven ability to design and document complex technical solutions
- Proven experience within technical operations/support.
- Excellent knowledge of IT Infrastructure; O/s, Servers, Storage, Networking, Virtualisation, Databases etc.
- Strong experience with one or more Monitoring tool/platform - any of; Nagios, vRealize, SCOM, BMC Patrol/TrueSight, CA, IBM Tivoli Monitoring, HP OpenView, Alert Logic, SolarWinds, Paessler PRTG
- ITIL knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both internally and customer facing
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Willing to join an on-call rota
The Monitoring Specialist will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, allied to structured, ongoing training and career development opportunities with a market leader in the IT sector.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93713035