Are you an experienced SQL Server DBA ?
Do you have in-depth knowledge of MS SQL Server 2014 - 2019 ?
This is a 12 month fixed term contract role (salaried PAYE, not daily rate) You will be based from their Glasgow office when restrictions allow (will be flexible working)
· Work closely with application & development teams to support & DEV/TEST/UAT environment refreshes, code promotion & security control
· Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business's Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
· Test backups to ensure we can meet the business' Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
· Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends within the team rota.
· Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
· Assist with database technology design and improvement for High availability and DR operations
· Install and configure new SQL Servers
· Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors
· When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
· Document the company's database environment
· 4th level support of the their systems. Providing and maintaining internal procedural and technical documentation
· Work with 3rd party vendors to identify root cause on any support issues.
Your experience should include:
· Extensive Microsoft SQL Server experience
o Extensive Microsoft SQL Server experience (versions 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019)
o Experience of SSRS, SSIS & SSAS
· Working with Microsoft Active Directory 2008/2012
· Microsoft clustering Technology
· Experience of Windows 2012/2016 Server and supporting technologies such as DNS,WINS,DHCP
· Virtualisation Technologies in particular Vmware vSphere
· Significant relevant work experience in a similar role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this leading company who offer a great working environment.
For more information please get in touch asap.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93722314