Job title: Service Desk Engineer
Salary: £20-25k p.a.
The Application Support Consultant will work on the service desk supporting general IT and in-house applications providing exceptional product support to both customers and colleagues alike.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist the Service Desk with the resolution of customer-reported technical incidents, queries and service requests.
* Application support - remote support and troubleshooting of all customer-related technical issues from a predominantly Kofax-based environment but including a wide range of other document management solutions including proprietary software and solutions.
* Maintain an asset and contract database, tracking changes and updating when applicable.
* Maintain and manage a technical knowledge base.
* User administration on several web-based document management solutions, including user training.
* Assisting with the implementation of bespoke customer solutions, including remote installation of hardware, software and custom-coded components.
* Create and maintain support documentation based on bespoke customer solutions, and ad-hoc creation of customer-target user guidance documents.
* Take ownership of all assigned tickets, following up with the end-user and communicating updates in a timely manner.
* Maintain awareness of software updates in client software, e.g. compatibility implications and functionality developments.
* Develop technical knowledge of new applications in line with business requirements.
* Integrate with the wider IT, Operations and Professional Services teams, assisting with various internal and external projects where required.
* Always maintain a high level of customer service with each customer interaction.
* Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
* Team player, someone who gains respect and maintains relationships across all areas of our business.
* Professional and confident.
* Organised, with the ability to juggle conflicting priorities and effectively prioritise.
* Previous Incident Management experience including the management of raised tickets, managing customer expectations and keeping the customer informed
* Experience within a development environment.
* Experience within automation or document management.
* Customer facing deliveries
* Worked within an ITIL lead department.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 / 10 & Microsoft Server 2008, 2012 and 2016.
* Experience with Active Directory
* IIS skills.
* SQL management and scripting
* Working knowledge on creating and executing PowerShell scripts.