Our client in Somerset are looking for an experienced Buildings and Utilities Manager to ensure the smooth running of all engineering on site. This large well known brand name is offering an excellent package and the opportunity to join a successful organisation where you can be a key figure in progressing the company forward.
This really is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for a challenging role where they can put their stamp on the company.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Managing Buildings and Utilities infrastructure ensuring site capabilities are within capacity for future developments.
* Development of an effective planned preventative maintenance schedule for Facilities and Compliance
* Information/document control & management
* Carry out statutory maintenance & inspections and mandatory site maintenance and expectations
* Working collaboratively with internal & External Stakeholders, Contractors & 3rd party providers.
* Developing and executing an effective Service Level Agreement in collaboration with Internal and External Stakeholders.
* Developing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) which demonstrate the correlation & benefits between Plant Performance and Utilities Effectiveness of Steam, Electricity, Compressed Air, Refrigeration, Water & Effluent
* Undertaking the concept and delivery of Projects related to the role
* Develop and embed engineering Safe Systems of Work and engineering Safe Operating Procedures
* Manage a safe working permits systems, ensuring compliance
* Support and engage in the H&S, Quality and Environmental roadmaps
* Manage Internal / External audits
* Develop maintenance improvement techniques and move towards a reliability focused model
* Excellent understanding of energy / renewable technologies
* Experience of working within a manufacturing plant
* Good active network in energy reduction and its application
* Demonstrable Engineering Compliance including PUWER, LOLER, PSSR, LEV, EaWR, DSEAR/ATEX
* Experience of developing and driving high standards of Health and Safety implementation
* Clear understanding of Condition Based Monitoring (CBM) principles
Ability to effectively liaise with external parties (customers, suppliers, contractors)
* Able to successfully manage projects
* Full understanding and experience of Computer Maintenance Management Systems(e.g. PEMAC)
Experience of managing and owning department budget
* ISO5001 Energy Management implementation
* Safety management qualification (NEBOSH or equivalent)
* Ability to manage environmental systems - to maintain ISO14001
* Knowledge of services as required - electricity, gas, steam, refrigeration, effluent
Suitable candidates should apply immediately by calling Scott Bird on (phone number removed) or by sending your CV directly to (url removed)
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the UK. If you are looking for work in this area we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on (phone number removed) and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants