At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
Cost Estimator - Full Time - Leeds, United Kingdom
Join Sulzer Pumps based in Leeds, as our Cost Estimator, to develop and implement the global costing system in the UK tendering team, so we can drive the business to the next level. The global costing system, also known as SET (Sulzer Estimating Tool) is a standardised software package that allows quick and effective estimates of product cost (labour and procured parts) for tenders. Currently a large portion of the cost estimation at SPUK is driven via spreadsheets which are both time consuming and difficult to navigate.
In this role you will be accountable for: -
* Continued development of the global costing tool, for existing and new pump types, working with cost estimators, advanced engineering, tendering, and your counterparts across the globe
* Development of material and manufacturing time calculators for existing and new pump types
* Maintaining the content database for material costs and manufacturing time - liaising with both procurement and manufacturing to capture changes to process
To succeed in this role, you will need:
* HNC/Equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
* An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered
* Competence in Excel - VBA coding experience an advantage
* Willingness to learn manufacturing processes, product specifications, Bills of Material
* Strong arithmetic, analytical, and computer skills (spreadsheets, databases)
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to encourage cooperation and gather information from many different individuals or other departments
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and work to meet deadlines
* 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) + service days
* Defined contribution pension scheme
* Employee Assistance Program
* On-site car parking
* Access to a wide range of discounts on Everyday Shopping, Entertainment and Lifestyle
* Long service awards
Location: One of Leeds's biggest attractions is its location - Yorkshire! Leeds is a busy, exciting city filled with bars restaurants, it has great transportation network being close to the M62/M1 and local rail Links.
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
82% of our employees recommend Sulzer as a good place to work - so come and join our story, starting today