Location: Home-based but you will be expected to travel region-wide. Opportunities are currently available in Nottinghamshire, North Lincolnshire, North West, and West Yorkshire.
Salary: A competitive salary but is dependent on experience with a great benefits package
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the expanding CareersInc Team as a Careers Advisor. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a passion for careers guidance, be enthusiastic and also have experience of working in an information, advice, and guidance setting ideally with young people.
Who is Careersinc?
CareersInc Limited is part of the Progress Educational Division within The Progress Group. Its objective is to provide high-quality impartial and independent careers information, advice, and guidance in a range of sectors. This centres around students within the secondary school sector but also includes those at a later point in their career pathway. The aim is to provide the tools required to make informed choices about the next progression moves, whilst supporting schools and multi-academy trusts (MATs) to meet their statutory requirements in relation to the Gatsby benchmarks. The mission statement of CareersInc is 'aspiring for a better future'.
What sort of job do our Careers Advisers do?
The role is structured according to required school outcomes, business needs, and location. In general, the role involves the following:
* Delivery of guidance interviews
* Group sessions/themed workshops for staff, students as well as parents/carers
* Psychometric profiling
* Attendance/presentations at parents' evenings and careers/higher-education events
* Curriculum enhancements to promote career development.
* Project and development work
What are we looking for in our Careers Advisers?
* Self-motivation and commitment
* Experience working with young people in the 14-19 age range
* Level 6 qualification in Careers Guidance
* The ability to develop creative solutions in careers information, advice, and guidance (IAG)
* Good team-working skills with other advisers as well as associates
* Evidence of careers or higher-education work in an academic school or college (advantageous)
* Knowledge of psychometric assessment (advantageous)
* The ability to work flexibly
* The potential to develop.
What do we offer our Careers Advisers?
* A fantastic opportunity to develop innovative and also bespoke careers IAG services for schools
* A professional environment where the only target is to support schools and their students
* The chance to work flexibly on a self-employed basis with one or more schools
* The opportunity to negotiate which school or schools you work in
* A comprehensive induction program
* Lastly, continuing professional development.
If you feel this role is for you please do hit apply using the button above or contact Zikrah Ashfaq @ BPS World for more information