Are you a quality technician or have knowledge and / or experience working with digital and mechanical measurement equipment who is wanting to progress their career within a family owned company that truly values its employees through actions and not just fancy mission and values statements?
If so, please take a look at the details of the role below.
The company is an award winning, highly successful family owned business with a rich trading history of over 35 years. This multi location business has a truly global reach with revenues exceeding £50m. They have an envious list of blue chip customers and are a market leader within the automotive industry as well as associated industries.
* Inspection of incoming product to ensure conformity to specification including review of supporting documentation.
* Maintaining records of inspection
* Final inspection of customer deliveries prior to despatch/where required
* Inspection of stock (product audit) to ensure conformity to specification, identification, traceability and freedom from contamination/deterioration
* Segregation of non-conforming product
* Instigating, updating and closing out supplier corrective action reports (SCARs)
* Process customer returns
* Support colleagues on product quality matters
* Completion of re-validation PPAPs as required
The Ideal Person
* Previous experience within an Engineering or Quality Control environment would be beneficial
* Knowledge and/or experience working with digital and mechanical measurement equipment
* Ability to read and understand 2D technical drawings
* Proven experience in a prior customer or supplier facing role
* Articulate with good communication skills - able to email suppliers and customers in a professional manner
* Has a passion for organisation - planning and time management skills are essential
* Computer literate with previous experience of using ERP systems
What The Company Offers:
* £20K - £24K basic salary
* Annual bonus scheme
* Stakeholder pension scheme
* 23 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 25 days with long service.
* Life insurance
* Health cash plan scheme
* holiday buying scheme
Hours are Mon - Fri: 8:30 - 17:00