ITSS Recruitment are currently working in partnership with a family-owned company who are looking to add a Bookkeeper to their administrative team to help their significantly growing business.
This is a company with a real 'family business' feel and high aspirations for future growth within the Logistics sector.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the right candidate will play a key role in ensuring the smooth running of the administration and accounts office.
The role will involve:
* Use of Sage 50 accounts.
* Sales ledger and purchase ledger administration
* Credit control
* Monthly management accounts
* You'll develop and nurture relationships with clients, being the point of contact for accounts queries.
* Adhere to proper accounting standards.
* You'll complete monthly bookkeeping tasks in line with company requirements.
* Assist in the preparation of the monthly financial management reporting pack which will include monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheet.
* Calculate and complete VAT returns in readiness for checking and submission.
* You'll support your team and other colleagues with query resolution as required.
* You'll continually strive for customer service excellence.
* Daily Bank reconciliations
* Balance and maintain accurate ledgers.
* Agree client balances to supporting documentation.
* Assist Management in the preparation of the periodic payment runs and pay vendor invoices approved by senior management.
* Advise line manager of any issues in a timely manner.
* Maintain a full and accurate audit trail by filing and referencing documents in a timely manner.
* Office administration duties - can include anything from taking the post to contacting customers and suppliers.
Requirements and Attributes:
* You will ideally have NVQ Level 3 in Accounts/Business Administration or equivalent.
* Experience with Sage 50 Accounts is essential.
* Good organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines and handle conflicting priorities.
* You'll have strong technical capabilities and must possess excellent attention to detail.
* Highly organised with strong workload management
* Be a good team player and be able to work on your own initiative.
* Discretion essential. This role involves access to customer and company financial data and so the right candidate must be trustworthy and discrete and deal with private and sensitive information in an appropriate manner.
* Proactive attitude to learning new skills and processes.
* Good attention to detail
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite
* Excellent command of English language both written and verbal.
* Minimum 5 years of bookkeeping experience required.
If you feel the above specification matches your background, click apply