Job Title: Fitter (Hydraulic)
Location: Ramsgate, Kent
Employer: AEM Limited
Description: AEM Limited, a subsidiary of AMETEK Inc, is a performance and service driven aviation business; we are one of the largest independent aircraft component repair and overhaul facilities in Europe.
We have an immediate full-time vacancy for a Fitter to be based at our Ramsgate site. This is a permanent position and reports to the Team Leader.
To efficiently and effectively deliver the day-to-day operation of the Hydraulic, Landing Gear Workshop and Test Bay, undertaking tasks under the direction of the Hydraulic FPBU Team Leader.
Ensuring production throughput schedules are met adhering to the Quantum forward load requirements, Supporting the control for Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality, maintaining compliance with all industry standard regulations.
Providing support for Fluid Power team, ensuring NCR's and Audit Findings raised on the AEM intranet SharePoint Non-Conformance System both, Internal and External for the Hydraulic and landing gear workshops are fully investigated and completed in a timely manner.
Principal duties & responsibilities:
Undertaking a breadth of tasks including strip, inspect, assembly and testing of different pumps, motors, valves, actuators, servos and landing gears from a variety of rotary and fixed wing aircraft platforms.
· Undertaking Stripping and paint removal at both component and assembly level.
· Completing detailed Inspection and report writing at both component and assembly level.
· Complete assembly of mechanical and hydraulic assemblies, including landing gears.
· Support with testing of hydraulic assemblies.
· Support with technical support, fault diagnoses for hydraulic, landing gear and mechanical fluid power systems.
· Support the fluid power workshop supervisor with delivering the day to day needs of the hydraulic and landing gear workshops.
· To assist, as required with the monitoring of stock levels for FPBU consumables.
· Adhere to the AEM Behaviours for the fluid power team, supporting the fluid power workshop supervisor.
· Support with delivering Production needs to the Quantum Forward Load Report.
· Support with the implementation of initiatives to improve manpower utilisation and process improvement within the fluid power workshop supervisor.
· Ensure quality requirements are always met.
· Promote a culture of Continuous Improvement for existing hydraulic and mechanical product/processes; maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas driving continuous improvement initiatives.
· Support with effective communication through fluid power operations.
· Support with continually improving safety by addressing both physical safety issues and safety attitudes within the fluid power section.
· Support with the maintenance of plant and equipment as required.
· Ensure all training both internal and external is recorded and passed to the Quality Department.
· Support the fluid power team delivering results to meet the strategic objectives of FPBU and AEM.
· Adhere to industry standard QA rules and regulations.
· Ensure all relevant Standard Operating Procedures, Risk Assessments, Local Instructions are kept up to date and delivered to your team accordingly.
· Either Employee or Commercial Confidential Information received will be in the strictest confidence and you will exercise reasonable care to prevent disclosure to others.
· You will not disclose or divulge either directly or indirectly the Confidential Information to others unless authorized to do so by the management team.
· Any other duties as required related to Operations or the business needs as requested by a member of the management team.
Qualifications & Competencies:
· Engineering Qualification (highly desirable)
· Hydraulic Qualification (highly desirable)
· Lean certification (desirable)
· Health and Safety Qualifications (desirable)
· Certificate in Risk Assessment (highly desirable)
· Numerate and literate - minimum GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English (essential)
· Proven experience in mechanical/hydraulic systems (essential)
· Proven experience in a hydraulic testing environment (essential)
· Proven experience in reading and interpreting hydraulic system and mechanical engineering drawings/plans (essential)
· Prior experience for hydraulic/mechanical assemblies including fault finding and problem solving (essential)
· Aviation background (highly desirable)
· Computer literate - competent in Microsoft Office
· Understanding and implementation of lean process principles and their applications. (desirable)
· Understanding of Environmental, Health and Safety requirements (desirable)
· Understanding of completing and updating Risk Assessments (desirable)
Working Hours: 39 - hour week; Monday - Thursday 08.00 - 16.30; Friday 08.00 - 15.30.
Salary: Competitive, depending upon experience.
Contract type: Permanent
Commencement Date: Immediate